The Student Room Group

find other people attractive

I've been in a relationship for about a year and a few months, Id say its been an incredible year of my life and I really do love this girl so much, and hope it continues long into the future. However, in the past 2 months I've started to notice other girls more than I did before. If I find a girl attractive I get a horrible guilty feeling in my stomach and it makes me question my relationship. Its not something I really noticed before and it makes me worried Im falling out of love. I dont think I am, but this s*** feeling when I see other girls has me worried. I'd do anything to stay with this girl, we've had such a beautiful time, but now Im becoming paranoid and looking at everything I do with her through a microscope.

Its a horrible sinking feeling, and Im worried that my own destructive thought processes are going to ruin all the times I have with this girl. Is there any advice someone can give me? Can I get past these feelings or is this just what falling out of love feels like? I dont want to imagine my life without her and Im worried sick
Reply 1
Tell your girl how you feel
Reply 2
I think you can find strangers attrative and not feeling guilty while you're in a relationship with someone else as long as you're not secretly picturing or expecting something with that other person(s).
Plus, it looks like you're really happy and aware of what your girl means to you and you clearly don't want to loose that so why do you worry about something so normal such as finding other people attractive.
Of course she does find other guy attractive and she wouldn't let you know because it's not a big deal. Do not worry about it as long as each of you respect the relationship you have.
this will past soon ! dont let these wee thoughts ruin an incredible and lasting relationship with someone you love because trust me they dont come around very often, you will know yourself i you feel she isnt enough for you but id give it time and see if it passes if not then consider speaking to her but for the moment i suggest you enjoy the time you spend with her and not even look at other girls its not worth it! hope this advice helps ! Stephanie xo
Reply 4
Original post by Chicago
Tell your girl how you feel

Im worried it would break her heart, we're in a long distance relationship (but see each other every month more or less) so I worry about mentioning stuff like that, in case it festers in her head when Im gone. Do you think Im falling out of love or is this just a normal thing in relationships?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Im worried it would break her heart, we're in a long distance relationship (but see each other every month more or less) so I worry about mentioning stuff like that, in case it festers in her head when Im gone. Do you think Im falling out of love or is this just a normal thing in relationships?

Tbh I think your slightly falling our of love, this is probably due to the LDR. Telling her would only make it bad. When you look at these other girls, do you look at them and compare them to your girlfriend?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

It may very well be precisely because you're in an LDR. You're not getting much sex, so you think about sex a lot more.

I don't think you're falling out of love, and it's perfectly fine anyway. It's only thoughts... you're not cheating. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Chicago
Tbh I think your slightly falling our of love, this is probably due to the LDR. Telling her would only make it bad. When you look at these other girls, do you look at them and compare them to your girlfriend?

Yeah I do sometimes, but please dont say that! I'm heartbroken just thinking about it. We see each other for at least a week a month (sometimes more), so even if its long distance we still see each other a lot. I'm committed to this girl and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep our bond strong. One of my close friends has recently went through a messy break up aswell and I think that has had an effect on how Im thinking at the minute (he talks a lot about how great single life is).

I really dont think Im falling out of love (or I really hope Im not). I'm in tears even thinking about losing her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending