Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is he just using me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im currently on a semester abroad and I met a guy over here who I really like. We would talk on facebook for hours and hours every day and I got quite attached... However we only met up a few times. He would constantly make plans with me to meet and then cancel at the last minute or more often than not just not reply to messages on the day.. He would always have excuses later as to why.. work.. broken phones etc. This happens several times a week. But he seemed like a really nice guy so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.. even though it meant I was often left with no plans. The last time we saw each other a week ago, (about the 4th meeting) we ended up going pretty far... although didnt have sex. Since then he has ignored most of my texts and facebook messages.. But he has sent me a text or two every day saying he misses me and wants to see me.. hes tried to make plans 3 times but then cancelled last minute or ignored me on the day.. My friends say he's messing me around. I just don't udnerstand why he would continue to text me every day saying he misses me etc. but then ignore my messages and stand me up.. I feel really really stupid for going so far with him now that it seems he doesnt really care and maybe I'll never see him again...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by GBL2013)
    Im currently on a semester abroad and I met a guy over here who I really like. We would talk on facebook for hours and hours every day and I got quite attached... However we only met up a few times. He would constantly make plans with me to meet and then cancel at the last minute or more often than not just not reply to messages on the day.. He would always have excuses later as to why.. work.. broken phones etc. This happens several times a week. But he seemed like a really nice guy so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.. even though it meant I was often left with no plans. The last time we saw each other a week ago, (about the 4th meeting) we ended up going pretty far... although didnt have sex. Since then he has ignored most of my texts and facebook messages.. But he has sent me a text or two every day saying he misses me and wants to see me.. hes tried to make plans 3 times but then cancelled last minute or ignored me on the day.. My friends say he's messing me around. I just don't udnerstand why he would continue to text me every day saying he misses me etc. but then ignore my messages and stand me up.. I feel really really stupid for going so far with him now that it seems he doesnt really care and maybe I'll never see him again...
    Unfortunately it sounds like he got what he wanted and now he don't care

ReputationRep:
    My advice is move on, he doesn't sound too interested if he's ignoring you and keeps cancelling as much a you say he is!
    There will be plenty more boys to come

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    but why the texts saying he misses me and wants to see me..? wouldn't he just cut contact completely? i guess maybe he is just keeping his options open... :/

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's just not that into you. Sorry Id move on and put your efforts towards someone else. Sounds like this won't end well. Hope you're ok, but I'd trust your friends opinion, assuming they have your best interests at heart

ReputationRep:
    what do i do if he gets in touch again? ignore him...? :/

ReputationRep:
    Move on.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    what do i do if he gets in touch again? ignore him...? :/
    Was he any good? If so, use him back.

ReputationRep:
    Meh can you be bothered with someone who cancels all the time? Would do my head in. I'd probably just tell him I didn't want the hassle anymore...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He's messing you around. He's probably got things going on with several girl and still sends you texts in order to make sure you're still hooked and he has you as option if his other options become unavailable. Avoid. Also bare in mind that a guy who really likes you will tend to consider spending time with you as special and will do his upmost not to muck you around, because a woman who knows her worth wouldn't take someone wasting her time lightly. If this ever happens again, if a guy cancels once but seems to have a genuine excuse e.g family crisis( I mean seriously how many phones can one guy break? And he obviously knows he can get hold of you on facebook...) then say you'll give him a second chance... but he'll have to make it up to you. If it happens a second time (and it seems genuinely like life is just being unfortunate then say you'll think about it and see how much effort he puts into convincing you to meet up... if it's a lot then go ahead and meet up) If it happens a third, just seriously close the door on that guy, because even if all three happen to be genuine sounds like his life is too much drama to get involved with (or in your case a guy who fails to take responsibility, and is crap with communication) and chances are a guy who really likes a girl would go the extra mile to make sure it wouldn't happen a third time.

Another tip is maybe keep your knickers on until you know the guy better next time... even if you didn't have sex... unless you just want to see guys casually in which case it's cool, but sounds like from this you have feelings. A common recommendation is waiting atleast 1 month or 10 dates.

Please don't sell your time short next time. Try and believe: 'I am awesome and I have a fantastic life, any guy who I choose to see is lucky that I made time instead of doing something equally as great and if he takes that for granted by wasting my time, I can find someone who won't .' Even if you don't find that someone else straight away, it doesn't matter because you're enjoying your life having fun... not staying in at home because some loser keeps standing you up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.