Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help please - Uni Choice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically I thought that going to University A was a great option for me. So I firmed it, but now I have decided that I absolutely don't want to go to this Uni, and want to go to my insurance, but I can't throw an exam as the grades are pretty much exactly the same and if I did I could end up not going to any...

Is there any way that I can remove myself from my firm and go to my insurance?

Any help is much appreciated.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you chose your firm and insurance universities within the last 7 days you can contact UCAS and ask them to change them

If you are outside the 7 day period, it's possible to switch your existing firm and insurance around if you can get both universities to agree. You'll need to contact UCAS first and then the universities. You can ask to change up until a week before Results Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    If you chose your firm and insurance universities within the last 7 days you can contact UCAS and ask them to change them

If you are outside the 7 day period, it's possible to switch your existing firm and insurance around if you can get both universities to agree. You'll need to contact UCAS first and then the universities. You can ask to change up until a week before Results Day.
    + rep and much love.

I've been looking everywhere and not been able to find a thing for some reason :s. I sent them like 4 weeks ago, but I will call tomorrow! What is the likelihood that they will let me change? Surely a Uni won't want students that don't want to be there? And are there any reasons I should use when talking to said Uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christanmu)
    + rep and much love.

I've been looking everywhere and not been able to find a thing for some reason :s. I sent them like 4 weeks ago, but I will call tomorrow! What is the likelihood that they will let me change? Surely a Uni won't want students that don't want to be there? And are there any reasons I should use when talking to said Uni's?
    I recently did this, and my firm wasn't interested in my reasons at all, they were able to release me fairly promptly.

I'd say at this stage it's still highly likely they will be willing to let you change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExWunderkind)
    I recently did this, and my firm wasn't interested in my reasons at all, they were able to release me fairly promptly.

I'd say at this stage it's still highly likely they will be willing to let you change.
    Brilliant, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    On results day you could simply say that you do not want to go to your firm (I think) and then go to your insurance instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pak1994)
    On results day you could simply say that you do not want to go to your firm (I think) and then go to your insurance instead.
    No, that's not true. If you get the grades for your firm choice, your insurance is automatically rejected:

http://ucas.faq-help.com/?search=fir...d%20insurance#

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.