Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I met a guy through mutual friends back in March and we hit it off straight away. We swapped numbers and have been texting pretty much everyday since then. The texts are very flirty and we talk about quite a lot of things. However, we both lead very busy lives. I'm at university in a different city during the week and although he works during the week, he's busy playing sport at the weekend and although im in the same city as him I'm working. As a result we've not managed to go on a date yet. We've met up twice during a night out and shared a kiss, but that's all.

I feel like he doesn't make an effort to try and see me and he hasn't asked me out on a date yet. It's starting to make me think that he actually isn't interested in me? Yet why would he text me everyday? I've mentioned that we should go for a drink sometime and he just said that its frustrating for him cause we're both so busy and that was the end of that. Do you reckon I'm wasting my time? Because it genuinely feels like we're just going in circles. He's shy and awkward, I understand that. But he surely should try and make an effort right?!

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by indie94)
    I met a guy through mutual friends back in March and we hit it off straight away. We swapped numbers and have been texting pretty much everyday since then. The texts are very flirty and we talk about quite a lot of things. However, we both lead very busy lives. I'm at university in a different city during the week and although he works during the week, he's busy playing sport at the weekend and I'm working. As a result we've not managed to go on a date yet. We've met up twice during a night out and shared a kiss, but that's all.

I feel like he doesn't make an effort to try and see me and he hasn't asked me out on a date yet. It's starting to make me think that he actually isn't interested in me? Yet why would he text me everyday? I've mentioned that we should go for a drink sometime and he just said that its frustrating for him cause we're both so busy and that was the end of that. Do you reckon I'm wasting my time? Because it genuinely feels like we're just going in circles. He's shy and awkward, I understand that. But he surely should try and make an effort right?!

Thanks
    Well if you are working and in a different city and he is busy as well it is gonna be pretty hard to arrange something, you both need to talk about this and see if you can actually get a day together where you are both free.

ReputationRep:
    He also takes hours to reply to a text message. It's starting to really annoy me now, but when he does text it's long and my annoyance goes... Until next time he does it.

ReputationRep:
    try giving him surprise . visit him at work or something. The best option would also be to talk to him about your dilemmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indie94)
    I met a guy through mutual friends back in March and we hit it off straight away. We swapped numbers and have been texting pretty much everyday since then. The texts are very flirty and we talk about quite a lot of things. However, we both lead very busy lives. I'm at university in a different city during the week and although he works during the week, he's busy playing sport at the weekend and although im in the same city as him I'm working. As a result we've not managed to go on a date yet. We've met up twice during a night out and shared a kiss, but that's all.

Thanks
    If he' shy then you should probably try to make an effort; e.g. mention a nice restaurant or a new film in the cinema. Unless he's a plank, he will get the hint soon enough and he should be encouraged by the fact you are actively hinting to him to ask you out and he might ask you out on a date. However, it might be one of those situations where you are just going to have to almost tell him what you would like to do or just ask him out somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Heaven forbid you just straight up ASK him out?

I didnt read all replys so sorry if im repeating what others have said.

Im a shy awkward guy and met a girl a while back. all over now tho . we were for dif citys and texted alot. the guy in question, put a million pound on the fact he takes awhile to txt back because his pals are saying aww is that 'your name' and takin the pee... (if hes shy chances are his friends are too so theyll get jelous because he has a girl friend/girlfriend. i wouldnt worry about that! And maybe hes scared to meet you sober incase you think hes a tool. i did the same thing and ruined what could have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I didnt read all replys so sorry if im repeating what others have said.

Im a shy awkward guy and met a girl a while back. all over now tho . we were for dif citys and texted alot. the guy in question, put a million pound on the fact he takes awhile to txt back because his pals are saying aww is that 'your name' and takin the pee... (if hes shy chances are his friends are too so theyll get jelous because he has a girl friend/girlfriend. i wouldnt worry about that! And maybe hes scared to meet you sober incase you think hes a tool. i did the same thing and ruined what could have been.
    The thing is he actually doesn't hang around with shy guys. All his friends are pretty much overconfident and they'll talk to girls. Some have even got girlfriends and the other half are pretty bad players- he's just not like them at all. He's just shy and laid back. He's never had a girlfriend and before his best friend was deployed he told him to play hard to get with me, and I think he's still carrying this on because he's so oblivious.

Gah, I like him because he's shy and different. But at the same time that's the very thing that annoys me about him, aha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.