The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

How do people have enough money to go to uni?!

From Student Finance i dont get any where near enough to even cover my accommodation, so how am i meant to have any to live on it? My parents wont be able to put in any money to help me so i dont know how it is possible to survive, even to buy food let alone everything else. If anyone else is in a similar situation and have worked around it could you please tell me how because at the moment i cant see this happening.
Original post by Tomchamberlin
From Student Finance i dont get any where near enough to even cover my accommodation, so how am i meant to have any to live on it? My parents wont be able to put in any money to help me so i dont know how it is possible to survive, even to buy food let alone everything else. If anyone else is in a similar situation and have worked around it could you please tell me how because at the moment i cant see this happening.

My parents and I are counting on my getting a scholarship; if I don't, I'll have to get a part-time job to cover all the costs.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
If you aren't getting a loan that will cover it then your parents should be earning a fair bit so they should be paying a bit. My parents earn hardly anything so my loan covers it because there is no possible way I could ask anyone to help me out if I fell short.
Reply 3
well which halls are you going to? and got to get a job mate and surely if you don't get enough to cover stuff you parents earn a fair amount and could give you abit for food or something........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending