Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What? I did not even apply for this hall... what is this?

Furzedown Hall

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from there too.
    It sounds like it too far camberwell
    Its more affordable than bernard myers but in pretty sure transport means that i wont cost so much less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speak.slow)
    I got an offer from there too.
    It sounds like it too far camberwell
    Its more affordable than bernard myers but in pretty sure transport means that i wont cost so much less.
    I just got told, its 31 min via bike, 50 min via metro/bus... I also got told that if i dont take this offer, I prob will be homeless... so yeah prob gona take it.. Im an internacional and dont really know london, last time I was there i was 13... so around 6 years ago

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and really biking for 30 mins every morning doesnt sound appealing hahah
    50 mins is way too long for tube and it would take 15 more mins to actually reach the uni from the station
    This is pretty **** but yeh as you said id rather not be homeless
    Im really considering sharing a flat with people right now but its the first year i didnt want to miss out on staying in the halls

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and really biking for 30 mins every morning doesnt sound appealing hahah
    50 mins is way too long for tube and it would take 15 more mins to actually reach the uni from the station
    This is pretty **** but yeh as you said id rather not be homeless
    Im really considering sharing a flat with people right now but its the first year i didnt want to miss out on staying in the halls
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from this hall and i didn't even apply for this hall as well i was like wht da world?? I sent an email asking if i could appeal but that person said all the rooms have been allocated so it's impossible. Unless I'm willing to go on waiting list which, yeah, I could be homeless in the end the hall seems nice but as a girl i don't really wanna travel and live in zone 3.... cuz i heard that it's quite dangerous so... and there's no social network related to this hall so basically i can ask no one about it.... oh goshhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Are you all doing CCW Foundation? I am and I'm still waiting on my email! Now i'm worried i'll get this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oopsadaisie)
    Are you all doing CCW Foundation? I am and I'm still waiting on my email! Now i'm worried i'll get this!

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Im also doing ccw foundation and got offered furzedown! its just too far away, I cant afford the travel costs! and travelling an hour there and an hour back every day whilst carrying art equipment? not feeling that. I think I'll go on the waiting list.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back yet either. getting worried now! when did you get your offer today?

ReputationRep:
    For me i got it about 3 hours ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mw5)
    Im also doing ccw foundation and got offered furzedown! its just too far away, I cant afford the travel costs! and travelling an hour there and an hour back every day whilst carrying art equipment? not feeling that. I think I'll go on the waiting list.

well I ask them about waiting list and this is the reply
    "If you reject it there is an option of joining a waiting list however, this does not guarantee that you will receive another offer and if you do receive on it might not be for your chosen hall."

But what if i got a hall that is even worse

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't suggest going on the waiting list
    there aren't that many halls near camberwell and the ones that are near are really high in demand (camberwell campus which isnt open for foundation students and bernard myers) so chances are you'll get something that takes over an hour to reach. On the facebook group someone said it takes about 30 mins not an hour to reach there. I accepted my offer I don't want to risk losing out.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't suggest going on the waiting list
    there aren't that many halls near camberwell and the ones that are near are really high in demand (camberwell campus which isnt open for foundation students and bernard myers) so chances are you'll get something that takes over an hour to reach. On the facebook group someone said it takes about 30 mins not an hour to reach there. I accepted my offer I don't want to risk losing out.
    Yup, that was beccafairy... she told me the acurate way to get to school jajaja. the 51 min came from google maps.

I already sent in the acceptance thing.

ReputationRep:
    guys it's really not that bad, i stayed there briefly and the facilities there are way nicer than the local camberwell halls! especially the en-suite rooms, they have extremely fancy showers haha. i think it's also the only UAL hall to have a free gym, and has the cheapest rent so it's a really good deal. you can get to camberwell easily by bus or bike, you'll figure it out quickly so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated a place in Furzedown halls! I'm pretty happy with that though as it was my first choice and closest I could get to Wimbledon, s'all good in the hood!

ReputationRep:
    I have have been offered a place at these halls even though I did not put them down as one of my choices. I am going to be studying foundation art and design at LCC and I like the look of the halls, I am just worried about the travel costs as it is going to be very expensive:/ Is anyone else going to LCC and staying at Furzedown?

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to pay via the UAL site but cant, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccafairy)
    guys it's really not that bad, i stayed there briefly and the facilities there are way nicer than the local camberwell halls! especially the en-suite rooms, they have extremely fancy showers haha. i think it's also the only UAL hall to have a free gym, and has the cheapest rent so it's a really good deal. you can get to camberwell easily by bus or bike, you'll figure it out quickly so don't worry.
    heyy! but would it be dangerous to go back to furzedown at night? and i would have to spend loads of $$$ on travel fee right???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donut0711)
    I just got an offer from this hall and i didn't even apply for this hall as well i was like wht da world?? I sent an email asking if i could appeal but that person said all the rooms have been allocated so it's impossible. Unless I'm willing to go on waiting list which, yeah, I could be homeless in the end the hall seems nice but as a girl i don't really wanna travel and live in zone 3.... cuz i heard that it's quite dangerous so... and there's no social network related to this hall so basically i can ask no one about it.... oh goshhhhhh
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/495645403805753/ fuzen 2103-2014

(Original post by oopsadaisie)
    yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.