Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I think and hope I have mastered the majority of the essay technique however I just cannot fathom how to evaluate and use application. Sometimes I understand that you can use calculations but half the time without calculations all I do is put in the name of the busines which clearly isnt enough.

What do you do to application and evaluation?

ReputationRep:
    Application:

- Make the answer relevant to the type of business in the case study e.g. restaurant
    - The easiest way to get good application is to do a calculation e.g. ROCE, market growth
    - Combine at least 2 pieces of evidence in each paragraph
    - Link information from different functional areas
    - Use data from tables and graphs effectively

Evaluation:

- Have an opinion - the main reason, I do not believe, it is the most important
    - Time frames - In the short term... but in the long term..., now... but in the future
    - It depends on - the competition, demand, the economy, the opportunity cost
    - Comparison - x is more important than y because
    - Other factors - Price is not the greatest influence on success, location is more a more -important factor because...

Hope some of that helped. Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.