Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I tell or is this nothing? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am 15 currently in school and sitting my GCSE'S, it's hard for me to type this knowing that someone will read it but I need help.

Is there something wrong with me? I couldn't go into school today, I can't face anyone I have these thoughts inside my head that I'm sure is unhealthy I have them most days but today is worse I'm scared I'm going to do something stupid...

It's hard telling someone something that I'm so certain is taking everything I have, I've got so used to hiding it... Hiding this constant battle I face everyday from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep.

I have thoughts, thoughts I'm not proud of, selfish thoughts. There are days I want to follow them through but I'm to weak to scared and that makes me hate myself more, it's a constant cycle.

I over think things, really little things it worries me, it worries me a lot... The constant feeling of fear, I'm scared of everything like meeting new people, judgement, people not liking me and people talking about me little things like this set off these unhealthy feelings.

I also face other things but I'm sure it's just something all girls think face like the normal I think I'm unattractive, I think I'm fat, I think that everyone's against me, I think I'm not good enough. The fat one really gets to me, I wasn't the thinest girl growing up, I was bullied. I was fat 'anon'. I comfort eat sometimes and then I feel guilty, the only think I ate the other day is packet of Oreos this made me hate myself feel guilty? It doesn't matter what I eat too little or too big the regret and disappointment is over baring; always on my mind.

This sounds stupid doesn't it?

I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself, its selfish, really selfish people are in worse situations then me I'm sitting here writing about something so pathetic.

Is this just the stress of exams, the stress of being a teenage girl or is there something wrong with me? I don't know what to think anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    To me it sounds like you have some insecurities, which most teenagers do, that are being amplified by exam stress. Exams are a really stressful time for everybody so what you're feeling is probably just normal stress related stuff. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get some help though. People all react differently to stress and its not selfish or anything to be reacting worse to it.

I react really badly to stress but I found that putting aside some time for relaxing each evening and talking to somebody about my stress helps. You may find it helpful to talk to a teacher about it so they can help you on the school side.

There's nothing wrong with you you're just stressed and that's nothing to worry about. Take care of yourself and you should feel a lot better after exams. If you're still really stressed afterwards its worth thinking more into it but it sounds like it'll pass in time and when you can focus more on you rather than exams x

Everybody will probably be telling you how important gcses are and that you should be really worried but its not the be all and end all of your life so don't worry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

What your saying seems very similar to how I felt in some aspects.

No it doesn't sound stupid at all, a lot of people can feel like that and I'm sure most will be understanding and not think it's stupid.

To answer your main question: "Is there something wrong with me?"

I can't answer clinically without being a doctor, but anything that is causing you worry, stress or upset is obviously something that needs to be dealt with.

The important thing is that you realise this won't go on forever, and it will end.

What I recommend you do:

If you feel comfortable, make an appointment with your GP, whilst the may not be able to help directly they can signpost you to other services.

If you feel comfortable, discuss it with your parents. Now, this one is really really difficult (it was for me), but it worked out best in the long run.

If neither of the above work, try and look into services in your area.

I have a rough knowledge of services available (After recovering I sit on a Youth Panel for this sort of stuff) so if you want to private message me I can discuss some of that with you.

I hope I've been of some help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovemusicxoxo)
    I am 15 currently in school and sitting my GCSE'S, it's hard for me to type this knowing that someone will read it but I need help.

Is there something wrong with me? I couldn't go into school today, I can't face anyone I have these thoughts inside my head that I'm sure is unhealthy I have them most days but today is worse I'm scared I'm going to do something stupid...

It's hard telling someone something that I'm so certain is taking everything I have, I've got so used to hiding it... Hiding this constant battle I face everyday from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep.

I have thoughts, thoughts I'm not proud of, selfish thoughts. There are days I want to follow them through but I'm to weak to scared and that makes me hate myself more, it's a constant cycle.

I over think things, really little things it worries me, it worries me a lot... The constant feeling of fear, I'm scared of everything like meeting new people, judgement, people not liking me and people talking about me little things like this set off these unhealthy feelings.

I also face other things but I'm sure it's just something all girls think face like the normal I think I'm unattractive, I think I'm fat, I think that everyone's against me, I think I'm not good enough. The fat one really gets to me, I wasn't the thinest girl growing up, I was bullied. I was fat 'anon'. I comfort eat sometimes and then I feel guilty, the only think I ate the other day is packet of Oreos this made me hate myself feel guilty? It doesn't matter what I eat too little or too big the regret and disappointment is over baring; always on my mind.

This sounds stupid doesn't it?

I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself, its selfish, really selfish people are in worse situations then me I'm sitting here writing about something so pathetic.

Is this just the stress of exams, the stress of being a teenage girl or is there something wrong with me? I don't know what to think anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console:

I felt exactly the same way when I was about 15. It's a horrible cycle - you feel horrible, then you hate yourself for feeling horrible because logically, people are in worse situations. You're just adding more and more negative emotions and it creates this horrible spiral.

My advice? Talk to someone. A friend, a sibling, a teacher or adviser, your GP, a counsellor, whoever you trust the most. Don't make the mistake I did - I bottled it up and distanced myself from everyone, which made it far, far worse and made it last far longer than it should have.

Another thing I can add is that positive mental attitude and exercise really, really help. Sounds silly "oh just smile and go to the gym!", but it's something I found (eventually) really, really helped me. Don't confuse keeping your chin up with hiding your emotions - recognise you have a problem, but just don't let it define you. Exercise is a really good solution - it's rewarding and a good stress-reliever.

You're not pathetic sweet, you just need a little TLC from someone right now - don't worry, it WILL get better.

xx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on this in a long time and have just read the replies, thank you for the advice I was going through a really bad time, I went to the GP and got referred to counselling after a while of counselling I was put on anti depressants, which made some improvement but I no longer take them, I'm in an okay place at the moment, it will always be there and no doubt it will come back but for now I'm taking each day as it comes. Thank you again:')

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.