Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was I given the right paper? Horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright overall, just strange. Although the binomial question gave me a bit of trouble at first!

ReputationRep:
    I missed so many 4 marks question.. in the end i had no time to do them.. :'( around like 16 marks gone... the auction probability question what the hell was that about ?????????!!!

what did u guys write for the regression pmcc interpretation i couldn't do that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacksgap)
    I missed so many 4 marks question.. in the end i had no time to do them.. :'( around like 16 marks gone... the auction probability question what the hell was that about ?????????!!!

what did u guys write for the regression pmcc interpretation i couldn't do that one.
    Basically, the line of least squares regression should've been close to y=x for the estimations to be good (which it was to an extent). So a=0 b=1, ideally, and in reality, the values were quite close.

The value of PMCC just shows how close the points fitted this regression line, and it was quite high, so the regression line was a good model for the estimation, so the comments in the first paragraph are valid.

^that's sort of what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M^2012)
    Basically, the line of least squares regression should've been close to y=x for the estimations to be good (which it was to an extent). So a=0 b=1, ideally, and in reality, the values were quite close.

The value of PMCC just shows how close the points fitted this regression line, and it was quite high, so the regression line was a good model for the estimation, so the comments in the first paragraph are valid.

^that's sort of what I put
    A=o.6 and i got b=1 and i didn't have time to write down since i started panicking when i had only 3 minutes left...

They have manipulated the paper in so many DIFFERENT WAYS..

the grade boundaries better be like 40- B

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did u put for the value of (mue) in normal/binomial question.. and the other was worth 4 marks i used the entire double sided page for 10 makrs of the entire question.. i had another extra page coz i felt i should write more eeekk.. *scared*

ReputationRep:
    A=o.6 and i got b=1 and i didn't have time to write down since i started panicking when i had only 3 minutes left...
    I got something similar to that

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did u put for the value of (mue) in normal/binomial question.. and the other was worth 4 marks i used the entire double sided page for 10 makrs of the entire question.. i had another extra page coz i felt i should write more eeekk.. *scared*
    Yeah I got something like 0.416 for mue, then for the next (and final) 4 marker I did (1-0.416)^10.... Sound right?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's right, the question prior to the last one asked about the probability of the mean sample, whereas the final one did not. Meaning you couldn't just do 1 minus the penultimate answer to the power of 10.

ReputationRep:
    I did the last one the ordinary way by calculating P(X>25) = P[Z> (25-25.25)/0.35] = P(Z> -0.71) = 0.76115 anyone got the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuisNhox)
    I did the last one the ordinary way by calculating P(X>25) = P[Z> (25-25.25)/0.35] = P(Z> -0.71) = 0.76115 anyone got the same
    I can't reli remember but part (i) it said mean so u used sd/rt(n) I think!! Then the last one u do it normally! I reli don't know tho just think thts wht the teacher said a long time ago lol

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie, but that was one ****ing pathetically easy paper, easier than any other stats paper i ever did. I cannot believe the amount of people that found that hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MujtabaBajwa)
    Not gonna lie, but that was one ****ing pathetically easy paper, easier than any other stats paper i ever did. I cannot believe the amount of people that found that hard
    It was probably not a difficult but a strange one beacause some questions haven't appeared in the most recent papers I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuisNhox)
    It was probably not a difficult but a strange one beacause some questions haven't appeared in the most recent papers I think
    I agree with this, but the 'strange' questions were simple use of the formula booklet, i would only say that the endish part of the regression question was difficult where they ask for an equation an give no tablated data.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.