Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam? I thought it was okay about from the last logarithm question and the eighth question (circles)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabli)
    How did everyone find the exam? I thought it was okay about from the last logarithm question and the eighth question (circles)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't take the exam, but if you recall a particular question, I can do it for you and put your mind at rest.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Same for anyone - I'm bored stiff of bio revision
    Just quote me if you want a response

ReputationRep:
    I found question 8 hard and question 3. Rest wasn't so bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and the geometric question was awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The first triangle question was tricky, I have a copy of the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabli)
    The first triangle question was tricky, I have a copy of the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you please send me the paper (photo) or list of questions if you can ?
    I did terrible. I found it hard.

ReputationRep:
    I think I only managed to get about 45 marks. Kinda gutted. :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThrashMetal)
    I found question 8 hard and question 3. Rest wasn't so bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed! I didnt manadge to prove it, for question 3a

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't seem to prove that cosaBc was what it said
    last logarithm was hard too rest was good!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone posted/found an 'unofficial mark scheme'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi32)
    Couldn't seem to prove that cosaBc was what it said
    last logarithm was hard too rest was good!
    The only thing that stumped me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han96)
    Has anyone posted/found an 'unofficial mark scheme'?
    My teacher sat the exam with us, i will try and get a copy of his answers and post them up here unless there is a mark scheme by monday.

If anybody wants to check their answers, i wrote all mine down on the question paper and am more than happy to compare but not 100% sure that im right!!

Difficult questions i found were 2a) 3a) and 7c)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry95)
    My teacher sat the exam with us, i will try and get a copy of his answers and post them up here unless there is a mark scheme by monday.

If anybody wants to check their answers, i wrote all mine down on the question paper and am more than happy to compare but not 100% sure that im right!!

Difficult questions i found were 2a) 3a) and 7c)
    that would be great, i'm sure everyone would find that helpful

ReputationRep:
    Was okay, the Log question was just abit different and did throw me in all honesty. I got an answer of 16 for x and assumed it was correct without putting it into my calculator to check. However, I re-did it after the exam and it came out to equal 1.5, so abit gutted as I just rushed it! What did you all get for 8b (i) where it asked to show that L was not a diameter of A? only other question I had no idea of haha!

ReputationRep:
    It weren't bad. Except the proof that the line y=-x+9 was the diameter of the circle. That one I left out. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just realized I read 7.c) wrong!! Would have got that one as 3/2

ReputationRep:
    For the diameter of the circle I think you were supposed to put the co-ordinates of the circle centre into the equation of the line to prove that it goes through the centre.

I did it a longer way without realising, I found the co-ordinates of intersection and calculated the distance between them. It came out as root2 so couldn't be the diameter as the radius was 5 so diameter must be 10. I wonder if this will get me full marks or of you had to do it the first way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The exam I thought was quite successful excluding question 3 and question 7c) and the last on the 8th question. I love how they always give little catches to a question each year to put us off guard. Hope everybody passed anyway, I am sure they would see the decrease of marks on those two questions and tweak them or continue them in the exams next year...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368803964.257379.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  62.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368803981.745151.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  63.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368804007.492194.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  64.0 KB

Taken a picture of the paper. I couldn't prove the first triangle question either, my answers kept cancelling each other out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry95)
    For the diameter of the circle I think you were supposed to put the co-ordinates of the circle centre into the equation of the line to prove that it goes through the centre.

I did it a longer way without realising, I found the co-ordinates of intersection and calculated the distance between them. It came out as root2 so couldn't be the diameter as the radius was 5 so diameter must be 10. I wonder if this will get me full marks or of you had to do it the first way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did this too! I thought I went the long way around because the second part of the question asked for the co-ordinates of intersection which I had already found
    Really hoping we get most of the marks for doing that, we still proved it wasn't the diameter?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.