Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!!
    I have a Unit 2 Economics exam this afternoon!

Can someone give me tips on how to write the 25 marker?
    And also some statistics that I will need to learn?

Thanks soo much!

ReputationRep:
    I know the unemployment and inflation rate, but what else is useful?

ReputationRep:
    - Make sure that your answer has a clear, logical structure.
    -Include an introduction that is likely to define technical terms and 'set the scene' for what follows
    -If asked to consider the effects on "the performance of an economy" analyse what could happen to the main macroeconomic objectives (unemployment, economic growth, inflation, balance of payments)
    -Include a MINIMUM OF THREE separate issues
    -Each issue should have a separate paragraph and be developed fully. This development will contain application of economic concepts, examples, full analysis of the effects plus what they depend on.
    -Use diagrams to support the analysis
    -Look for clues in the data, and if you're asked to use the data, your mark will be capped if you don't.
    -Quote recent economic events to support your points.
    -There MUST be a conclusion- your conclusion should do more than just repeat the point made earlier.
    -EVALUATION is essential. You should attempt to evaluare as you are working your way through the answer and in the conlusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsoichi)
    Heyy!!
    I have a Unit 2 Economics exam this afternoon!

Can someone give me tips on how to write the 25 marker?
    And also some statistics that I will need to learn?

Thanks soo much!
    ^^^I hope my tips helped...for future reference...maybe start revision more than 2 hours before the exam!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting the exam too! Good luck

Always revise definitions and give 2 or 3 of them. Use an appropriate diagram and explain each movement in detail.
    Use the extract and also your stats!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.