Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically I'm at risk of needing to resit first year due to poor attendance due to health and missing a few lab sessions. What my personal tutor has said that if this is possible I will either need to resit the year, or do a part-time year next year and then go back onto full for 2nd and 3rd year.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if Student Finance is affected by doing a part-time year or not?

Many Thanks,
    Jake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake200493)
    Hi,

Basically I'm at risk of needing to resit first year due to poor attendance due to health and missing a few lab sessions. What my personal tutor has said that if this is possible I will either need to resit the year, or do a part-time year next year and then go back onto full for 2nd and 3rd year.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if Student Finance is affected by doing a part-time year or not?

Many Thanks,
    Jake
    I'm not sure on the exact rules for a part time year part way through, but I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue.

You are entitled to length of your course +1 for finance, and the +1 is meant exactly for resits or false starts, so I think you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake200493)
    Hi,

Many Thanks,
    Jake
    if you do the year fully you should be funded, however i know student finance doesn't offer the same finance for part time years

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.