Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    Got a conditional offer to study Law, but having second thoughts about the course, and thinking about possibly changing to Politics. Ideally, I'd like to give it a week or so doing Law, and get a more in-depth look at what the course fully entails before making a switch if I do decide to do so.
    Does anyone know what the process is for changing course?

ReputationRep:
    You should probably try to switch as early as possible, if it's even possible to transfer from law to politics. I would email the department and ask them how to go about. Have you thought about combining law and politics, adjustment, clearing etc. Or maybe you don't want to change uni? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flax)
    You should probably try to switch as early as possible, if it's even possible to transfer from law to politics. I would email the department and ask them how to go about. Have you thought about combining law and politics, adjustment, clearing etc. Or maybe you don't want to change uni? Good luck!
    A joint hons. would be grand but I'm not sure they offer it. I didn't think clearing was an option as I have already firmed? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaker1903)
    A joint hons. would be grand but I'm not sure they offer it. I didn't think clearing was an option as I have already firmed? Cheers!
    Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you'd already firmed law. I don't think they offer a joint, but I'm not sure. I would probably contact the politics department and ask if it's possible to switch, rather sooner than later so you can focus on revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flax)
    Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you'd already firmed law. I don't think they offer a joint, but I'm not sure. I would probably contact the politics department and ask if it's possible to switch, rather sooner than later so you can focus on revision.
    Yeah, sorry. I should have said that!! Think I'll drop them an email and see if it's possible. Thanks for your help! x

ReputationRep:
    Unless there's something specific to the law course like accreditation or something then I don't see why you couldn't do combined honours. I did 3 subjects in my 1st year before dropping down to 2 (although someone else I know did 3 in 1st year then dropped down to just 1), to me combined honours seems the perfect option for you because it gives you a chance to try the course before deciding if you want to carry on with it into your 2nd and 3rd years.

http://www.liv.ac.uk/combined-honours/ <-- has more details on the course combinations that you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadwing)
    Unless there's something specific to the law course like accreditation or something then I don't see why you couldn't do combined honours. I did 3 subjects in my 1st year before dropping down to 2 (although someone else I know did 3 in 1st year then dropped down to just 1), to me combined honours seems the perfect option for you because it gives you a chance to try the course before deciding if you want to carry on with it into your 2nd and 3rd years.

http://www.liv.ac.uk/combined-honours/ <-- has more details on the course combinations that you can do.
    Brilliant! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! Cheers.
    Glad I could be of help. Btw combined honours is such as flexible course you can do pretty much anything you want with it. If you hate one of the subjects you could probably drop down to one for second year. Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.