The Student Room Group

No Maintenance grant on Declaration!

Okay so i got my declaration today with all my information on for payment dates, however it does not say anything about maintenance grant! what the hell!

I called the Call center (WISH I HADN'T!!) i went through all the relevant phone options must have ended up in a call center in India. Although the woman was helpful i could not understand a thing she was saying and when im using my Mobile Credit!

I found out that it's because my father hasn't given the right Financial year in the application, he got a pack sent back to him but i don't think there was any indication that he gave the wrong year, he's resent it now but im not sure if he's put the right year on.

What i couldn't get from the woman on the phone is what to do next?

will student finance send another pack to my dad? or is there anyway we can send directly to them?

Also if i send my declaration off now, is there anyway my grant can be added?

please help!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dan the musicman
Okay so i got my declaration today with all my information on for payment dates, however it does not say anything about maintenance grant! what the hell!

I called the Call center (WISH I HADN'T!!) i went through all the relevant phone options must have ended up in a call center in India. Although the woman was helpful i could not understand a thing she was saying and when im using my Mobile Credit!

I found out that it's because my father hasn't given the right Financial year in the application, he got a pack sent back to him but i don't think there was any indication that he gave the wrong year, he's resent it now but im not sure if he's put the right year on.

What i couldn't get from the woman on the phone is what to do next?

will student finance send another pack to my dad? or is there anyway we can send directly to them?

Also if i send my declaration off now, is there anyway my grant can be added?

please help!

Your dad needs to send evidence from the tax year 2011 - 2012. Without it they cannot give you a grant.

As soon as the evidence is sent in and assessed, you'll get the grant added.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending