The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr M
Well the working is correct even if your use of the calculator leaves a lot to be desired. Drop 1 mark.

Hi

For question 7 ii

I found the equation of the tangent and integrated, but using the wrong limits! Damnit. I still took the area under the tangent away from the area under the curve. Will I lose much? :smile:
For the logs question did you have to use the inequality sign all the way through or could you use =, I only used the inequality sign towards the end :smile:
Reply 162
Would you lose any marks in the last question for putting your answer in degrees?
Reply 163
What would 66/72 be? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 8 i) c) , What if you put 'a' as 1 and not more than 1?
Mr M on 6)ii I did not do the first part showing 1.3^n<something, but I got N=17 how many marks will I loose, also on 8)c)ii) I simplified the logs and subbed in 2/a but didn't get a final answer in the form it asked for it in. Everything else was correct on my paper will I still be able to get a A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Hey Mr M, thanks for the answers again :smile:

How many marks would I lose for leaving the integral question as 1.23? However I had it in exact form just above it?

thanks
Reply 167
For question 7(ii), I found the equation of the tangent and integrated to find the area beneath it (between 4 and 5/3). I got the correct answer, so will this be alright?
Reply 168

Would there be any problem in quoting the angles in the first question to 1dp?
Mr M,

Also for question 9(ii) I did the algebraic division with 2x+1 and got 0 as an end result and then commented that the 0 remainder meant that (2x+1) is a factor of f(x). Would this still be proof of (2x+1) being a factor?
What would you guess is the 100 UMS boundary for this year? Maybe 70/72?
Reply 171
I think the grade boundaries on this exam will be quite low due to it being a hard exam and core 1 on monday being so easy :smile:
Original post by DingDong!
Hi

For question 7 ii

I found the equation of the tangent and integrated, but using the wrong limits! Damnit. I still took the area under the tangent away from the area under the curve. Will I lose much? :smile:

drop 2
Original post by Farringtonn
For the logs question did you have to use the inequality sign all the way through or could you use =, I only used the inequality sign towards the end :smile:

drop 1 if you are unlucky
Original post by Cowcat
Would you lose any marks in the last question for putting your answer in degrees?

Probably drop only one.
Original post by BOSS MAN MIKE
Question 8 i) c) , What if you put 'a' as 1 and not more than 1?

drop 1 mark
Original post by GeorgeBarrett1
Mr M on 6)ii I did not do the first part showing 1.3^n<something, but I got N=17 how many marks will I loose, also on 8)c)ii) I simplified the logs and subbed in 2/a but didn't get a final answer in the form it asked for it in. Everything else was correct on my paper will I still be able to get a A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6ii) drop 3

8cii) drop 2
Original post by joetodd
Hey Mr M, thanks for the answers again :smile:

How many marks would I lose for leaving the integral question as 1.23? However I had it in exact form just above it?

thanks

That will be ok if you wrote down the exact form.
Original post by SBH2H
For question 7(ii), I found the equation of the tangent and integrated to find the area beneath it (between 4 and 5/3). I got the correct answer, so will this be alright?

Yes of course.
This paper was a lot nicer than Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending