AQA Physics A Unit 1 Resit? Watch

carrellii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
If I were to revise physics for 3 days straight (I'm talking locking myself in my room with nothing but my textbooks and paper) how many grades do you think I could improve from my exam in January? (I got a D )

I've got a chemistry and biology exam as well and I've been doing so much work for them I've just put all my physics revision off and my exam is on Monday afternoon I hate myself for putting myself in this position I'm just desperate really
StalkeR47
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by carrellii)
If I were to revise physics for 3 days straight (I'm talking locking myself in my room with nothing but my textbooks and paper) how many grades do you think I could improve from my exam in January? (I got a D )

I've got a chemistry and biology exam as well and I've been doing so much work for them I've just put all my physics revision off and my exam is on Monday afternoon I hate myself for putting myself in this position I'm just desperate really
Hello! I also have physics unit 1 exam on Monday afternoon. If you are attempting all the possible past papers, you should definitely get better grade! I did a mock exam (not real) in January and got a high C. Honestly, I am fantastic with particle and quantum stuff but not really good with electricity. I have done all the past papers few times but I feel I need more practise on electricity questions (harder ones since I really need an A grade overall). I am also really good with unit 2 mechanics stuff but I hate electricity stuff in unit 1. Any help with electricity will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks a lot! I hope you improve a lot! By the way, is that you in you avatar? I do not think so but you look cute! And, How good are you with electricity topic???
carrellii
Rep:
?
I'm just trying my hardest to crash revise the whole textbook this weekend then do any past paper I can get my hands on on Sunday so it's all (very) fresh. I think electricity is everyone's worst topic haha. And yeah it is, thanks
Lord_Voldy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I'm doing the same as you! I'm rewriting all my revision notes, and then doing all the past papers tomorrow...hopefully I'll get time to do some tonight. I hope it goes well for you (:
StalkeR47
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck to both of you!!
danlocke
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've put myself in the same position as you on this one...

Found these notes yesterday- they're useful: link.

I'm just going through all the past papers and looking at the mark schemes and/or textbook for anything I can't remember.

As it's in the afternoon tomorrow, I'm gonna go and see my physics teacher and hour or so before to get some last minute help.

I got a C in January but I think I've left it too late to improve by much... Good luck!
Lord_Voldy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by danlocke)
I've put myself in the same position as you on this one...

Found these notes yesterday- they're useful: link.

I'm just going through all the past papers and looking at the mark schemes and/or textbook for anything I can't remember.

As it's in the afternoon tomorrow, I'm gonna go and see my physics teacher and hour or so before to get some last minute help.

I got a C in January but I think I've left it too late to improve by much... Good luck!
Hey, those notes are great! I also found these notes which are superb: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9...on%20Notes.pdf
I rewrite all the notes and read them several times, I've been doing past papers and been getting A/B which is a great improvement from my D in January
carrellii
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice, I know it seems like a horrible idea but I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter to make sure I've covered everything. I think I'll be too stressed to sleep anyway and I know a few of my friends do it so I'm sure it'll be ok. I just can't afford to fail again

Good luck to everyone resitting tomorrow
Qari
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by StalkeR47)
Hello! I also have physics unit 1 exam on Monday afternoon. If you are attempting all the possible past papers, you should definitely get better grade! I did a mock exam (not real) in January and got a high C. Honestly, I am fantastic with particle and quantum stuff but not really good with electricity. I have done all the past papers few times but I feel I need more practise on electricity questions (harder ones since I really need an A grade overall). I am also really good with unit 2 mechanics stuff but I hate electricity stuff in unit 1. Any help with electricity will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks a lot! I hope you improve a lot! By the way, is that you in you avatar? I do not think so but you look cute! And, How good are you with electricity topic???
Haha, I hate the wave bit in both Unit 1 and 2, electricity I'm confident with
carrellii
Rep:
?
I'd say I was probably best at quantum, I hate particle physics because of the feynman diagrams and the whole interaction thing, and electricity is just mind numbing
Qari
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With me, I'm okay with most feyman diagrams just need to remember the arrows. I don't know how you can prove Wave duality though And I' okay with majoirty of the maths stuff good luck for tomorrow btw
Lord_Voldy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
-The photoelectric effect shows that light behaves like particles

-Diffraction shows that light behaves like waves
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (51)
73.91%
Leave (18)
26.09%

Watched Threads