Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I were to revise physics for 3 days straight (I'm talking locking myself in my room with nothing but my textbooks and paper) how many grades do you think I could improve from my exam in January? (I got a D )

I've got a chemistry and biology exam as well and I've been doing so much work for them I've just put all my physics revision off and my exam is on Monday afternoon I hate myself for putting myself in this position I'm just desperate really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrellii)
    If I were to revise physics for 3 days straight (I'm talking locking myself in my room with nothing but my textbooks and paper) how many grades do you think I could improve from my exam in January? (I got a D )

I've got a chemistry and biology exam as well and I've been doing so much work for them I've just put all my physics revision off and my exam is on Monday afternoon I hate myself for putting myself in this position I'm just desperate really
    Hello! I also have physics unit 1 exam on Monday afternoon. If you are attempting all the possible past papers, you should definitely get better grade! I did a mock exam (not real) in January and got a high C. Honestly, I am fantastic with particle and quantum stuff but not really good with electricity. I have done all the past papers few times but I feel I need more practise on electricity questions (harder ones since I really need an A grade overall). I am also really good with unit 2 mechanics stuff but I hate electricity stuff in unit 1. Any help with electricity will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks a lot! I hope you improve a lot! By the way, is that you in you avatar? I do not think so but you look cute! And, How good are you with electricity topic???

ReputationRep:
    I'm just trying my hardest to crash revise the whole textbook this weekend then do any past paper I can get my hands on on Sunday so it's all (very) fresh. I think electricity is everyone's worst topic haha. And yeah it is, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing the same as you! I'm rewriting all my revision notes, and then doing all the past papers tomorrow...hopefully I'll get time to do some tonight. I hope it goes well for you (:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to both of you!!

ReputationRep:
    I've put myself in the same position as you on this one...

Found these notes yesterday- they're useful: link.

I'm just going through all the past papers and looking at the mark schemes and/or textbook for anything I can't remember.

As it's in the afternoon tomorrow, I'm gonna go and see my physics teacher and hour or so before to get some last minute help.

I got a C in January but I think I've left it too late to improve by much... Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danlocke)
    I've put myself in the same position as you on this one...

Found these notes yesterday- they're useful: link.

I'm just going through all the past papers and looking at the mark schemes and/or textbook for anything I can't remember.

As it's in the afternoon tomorrow, I'm gonna go and see my physics teacher and hour or so before to get some last minute help.

I got a C in January but I think I've left it too late to improve by much... Good luck!
    Hey, those notes are great! I also found these notes which are superb: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9...on%20Notes.pdf
    I rewrite all the notes and read them several times, I've been doing past papers and been getting A/B which is a great improvement from my D in January

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I know it seems like a horrible idea but I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter to make sure I've covered everything. I think I'll be too stressed to sleep anyway and I know a few of my friends do it so I'm sure it'll be ok. I just can't afford to fail again

Good luck to everyone resitting tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Hello! I also have physics unit 1 exam on Monday afternoon. If you are attempting all the possible past papers, you should definitely get better grade! I did a mock exam (not real) in January and got a high C. Honestly, I am fantastic with particle and quantum stuff but not really good with electricity. I have done all the past papers few times but I feel I need more practise on electricity questions (harder ones since I really need an A grade overall). I am also really good with unit 2 mechanics stuff but I hate electricity stuff in unit 1. Any help with electricity will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks a lot! I hope you improve a lot! By the way, is that you in you avatar? I do not think so but you look cute! And, How good are you with electricity topic???
    Haha, I hate the wave bit in both Unit 1 and 2, electricity I'm confident with

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I was probably best at quantum, I hate particle physics because of the feynman diagrams and the whole interaction thing, and electricity is just mind numbing

ReputationRep:
    With me, I'm okay with most feyman diagrams just need to remember the arrows. I don't know how you can prove Wave duality though And I' okay with majoirty of the maths stuff good luck for tomorrow btw

ReputationRep:
    -The photoelectric effect shows that light behaves like particles

-Diffraction shows that light behaves like waves

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.