Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I ruined my bacon sandwhich Watch

ReputationRep:
    I saw that Sainsbury's advert where they make the sausage (in a) roll with mustard. I thought it looked nice so I substituted the wholemeal roll for a white roll, and I couldn't be bothered to cook sausages so I had bacon. We didn't have Dijon mustard either, so I used Heinz Mustard.

So I had a white bacon roll with mustard. It was disgusting. I'm sticking to the Tomato Ketchup next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I saw that Sainsbury's advert where they make the sausage (in a) roll with mustard. I thought it looked nice so I substituted the wholemeal roll for a white roll, and I couldn't be bothered to cook sausages so I had bacon. We didn't have Dijon mustard either, so I used Heinz Mustard.

So I had a white bacon roll with mustard. It was disgusting. I'm sticking to the Tomato Ketchup next time
    Who puts tomato ketchup on a bacon butty?

It's brown sauce or none at all.

ReputationRep:
    I like it when the Hog roast van comes to uni. With mustard, it is very delicious despite it costing an arm and a leg.
    I eat most meaty foods with mustard or ketchup. Depends how i'm feeling at the current point in time.

ReputationRep:
    Never thought I'd see the day when someone could ruin a bacon sandwich.

I mean really, mustard, what in god's sake were you thinking?!

ReputationRep:
    That advert is so seductive! I see the massive sausage bap taunting me every time I walk into sainsburys.

Dijon mustard is so much nicer than english mustard, it's not as hot. It makes a good ham sandwich

ReputationRep:
    why would you even trust mustard

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. I like my bacon butties with no sauce personally. Sausages and mustard go very well together, but not bacon and mustard. I'm glad you've learned your lesson. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This is the saddest day since I've joined TSR.

RIP otherwise good bacon. It ended in the worst way for you. My heart goes out to your family.

ReputationRep:
    Shocking. Did you still eat it? Bacon gone to waste :rip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)

Agreed Brown Sauce is the only sauce for a Bacon Butty.

Ketchup???:eek: what was he thinking

ReputationRep:
    Mustard goes better with a roast beef sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Runninground;42663781]I saw that Sainsbury's advert where they make the sausage (in a) roll with mustard. I thought it looked nice so I substituted the wholemeal roll for a white roll, and I couldn't be bothered to cook sausages so I had bacon. We didn't have Dijon mustard either, so I used Heinz Mustard.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)

ReputationRep:
    Pm me if you've got any left i dont mind mustard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)

I have brown sauce too. It depends on my mood.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This is the saddest day since I've joined TSR.

RIP otherwise good bacon. It ended in the worst way for you. My heart goes out to your family.
    I left the bacon in the grill a bit too long so it was a bit burnt anyway.

(Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    Shocking. Did you still eat it? Bacon gone to waste :rip:
    I ate it whilst holding my nose. I couldn't bare to throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

its jokes because people love bacon a disproportionate amount.
    :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Giving this thread a bump as I've just reinstated it from the Recycle Bin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.