Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    According to the student finance website, after putting in all my details and my parents details etc etc, it says that the amount of tuition fee loan that i can receive is £1380?!? This obviously won't be able to cover the university fees..

I'm currently about to enter my third year of Uni, in September, and i have never had this problem before when making an application. I even checked last years application, to see whether I had done anything different, and it looks like i havent.

my maintenance loan is also lower, which adds to the frustration. There hasnt been any big change in my parents earnings, so i dont understand why this is happening

Im kinda worried and confused and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation? Is it just a mistake from Student Finances part, or have i done something wrong. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Many thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If third year = final year, your maintenance loan will be lower. As someone in final year, your loan doesn't have to cover you over the summer and you can either get a job or claim benefits.

The tuition fee loan might be a mistake.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.