Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

I have this exam coming up and I was wondering what answer structure I should use when writing my essays. For example, is PEE good enough for hitting top marks? Or would another structure be more relevant?

Also,

Does anyone sitting this have any exam techniques that they would like to share? Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Snowy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowy africa)
    Hello there,

I have this exam coming up and I was wondering what answer structure I should use when writing my essays. For example, is PEE good enough for hitting top marks? Or would another structure be more relevant?

Also,

Does anyone sitting this have any exam techniques that they would like to share? Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Snowy
    Yeah, for me PEAL is easier to understand so I make sure that I don't leave anything out. If you do that 3 times (3/4 page per paragraph) then you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicago)
    Yeah, for me PEAL is easier to understand so I make sure that I don't leave anything out. If you do that 3 times (3/4 page per paragraph) then you should be fine.
    Okay, thankyou but what does PEAL stand for? sorry.

ReputationRep:
    So three PEEs per paragraph? Or three total PEE paragraphs? How many paragraphs should we do for each part a) or b)? (Or each 20 mins, assuming the text your are studying has two parts to each question)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agility)
    So three PEEs per paragraph? Or three total PEE paragraphs? How many paragraphs should we do for each part a) or b)? (Or each 20 mins, assuming the text your are studying has two parts to each question)
    3 PEE paragraphs for part a then 1-2 for part b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowy africa)
    Okay, thankyou but what does PEAL stand for? sorry.
    Point
    Evidence - Quote
    Analyse - (Different connotations)
    Link - Link back to question

ReputationRep:
    Point
    Evidence - Quote
    Analyse - (Different connotations)
    Link - Link back to question
    Okay thankyou!

Should I also comment on the social context and the writters intention/effect on the audience in the Analysis section? Im really stupid

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.