Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Currently, I am looking at taking:

Maths
    Economics
    Chemistry
    Politics

Thoughts? I was going to do FM but I decided to do Chemistry instead as I thought I would round my application more. That, and im good at it.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    Currently, I am looking at taking:

Maths
    Economics
    Chemistry
    Politics

Thoughts? I was going to do FM but I decided to do Chemistry instead as I thought I would round my application more. That, and im good at it.

Thanks guys
    Very good combination, there is nothing wrong with it at all. Chemistry is a very hard and well respected A Level so don't feel bad because it's not directly related to economics. It keeps your options open as well.

If you do have a chance to pick up AS Further Maths in Year 13, I would take it. If not, don't worry too much.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to apply to the top universities ie. LSE you should consider further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my mate got into LSE for Econ with similar subject combination to yourself. Just need to work hard and get As now

The idea of FM doesn't appeal to me, while I enjoy maths and am quite good at it I would rather not pigeon hole myself so much thanks for the advice guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.