ReputationRep:
    Hi , iv been dating a muslim boy for nearly three years and I'm non mulsim , I don't follow no religion but since being with him and his family I have grown to adapt and really take in there religion and respect it to , for last three years I haven't seen him when he is fasting that I have accepted and his parents have asked for me to go to te mosque before the fasting begins which I have agreed to but not sure why. And felt rude to ask ! I know some muslims believe that a muslim being with a non muslim is not allowed but we do truly love eachother and spoke about marraige and I don't think his family would of accepted me if they didn't think that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samanthaashworth)
    Hi , iv been dating a muslim boy for nearly three years and I'm non mulsim , I don't follow no religion but since being with him and his family I have grown to adapt and really take in there religion and respect it to , for last three years I haven't seen him when he is fasting that I have accepted and his parents have asked for me to go to te mosque before the fasting begins which I have agreed to but not sure why. And felt rude to ask ! I know some muslims believe that a muslim being with a non muslim is not allowed but we do truly love eachother and spoke about marraige and I don't think his family would of accepted me if they didn't think that
    I'm a little confused as to what you need help with.
    As for other Muslims finding it unacceptable that you two are together - who cares? As long as you're happy, you shouldn't give a damn what they think.
    That said, you need to really think about yourself now, and what you want from this relationship, as well as what your boyfriend wants. You mentioned that you want to get married - is he perfectly fine with that? is he aware of the possibility that you don't want to be a Muslim? Do his family seem set on converting you into Islam, and are you OK with that? If not, then that puts him in quite a bit of a difficult position - he'd have to choose, essentially, between his family or you.
    In essence, there really is no point asking this on TSR - you need to have a serious talk with him about your future together, and what you expect to gain from your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    This year he will e fasting thy family want me and there son to go to there local mosque before he starts fasting iv agree but I'm not sure why thy want me to go iv ask my boyfriend and its to show something about being togther but I'm not sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.