Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Robinsons no added sugar squash bad for you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink Coke all the time, but now I drink fizzy water and no added sugar orange/apple squash

Is this still bad for your teeth, I guess it's a lot better than Coke though right?

I read that the stuff with sugar is better than no added sugar, because of the extra additives they put into sugarfree stuff

is fizzy water worse than still water?

ReputationRep:
    Hi unimastermind,

You're right, fizzy water and sugar free squash is certainly better for your teeth than Coke. There are some who claim that aspatame, an additive present in most diet soft drinks, is bad for you, however clinical trials have shown that you must drink around 72 330ml cans a day before you reach harmful levels. The risks of obesity are much greater and sugar will damage your teeth faster. Having said this if you regularly brush your teeth this should not be a problem. Fizzy water may be slightly worse that still water as it is slightly acidic, however unless you suffer from heart burn or excess stomach acid, this should not be a problem. Still water will be better for your teeth, however once again aslong as you maintain good dental hygene, and see your dentist every six months you should be fine.

Your Friend, Mr Medicine

ReputationRep:
    Yes you should avoind fizzy drinks completely. Even the bottled water is no better than tap water so if you have a good water supply...drink more water.
    Bottled water has been shown to be a con, and is normal tap water anyway so the ones who say from a spa, I wouldn't believe them at all, they do this to make us part with more money thinking we are do the right thing and being healthy in our eating choices
    Sugar free drinks, most of them have ASPARTAME in it as a sweetener....When they did the test on rats, aspartame blew holes in their brains.....Never touch anything with aspartame in it.....You really do need to check out what it does to your body all the information is out there.
    The fda in U.S., ( find out who was the ceo of the company that produced aspartame for the first time, you will find the powers that be in the USA is Cheney, rumsfeld, and rothschild....they have their hands in allowing this into our food....(They have the shares in that company so they are making money from harming our kids.) seems to have fast tracked it through without the proper tests on the human body and it did blow holes in the brains of the animals tested.
    I know it is hard when trying to be healthy and with the problems with sugar, but when you check it out you will never touch it again.
    My own family are well rehearsed in the seriously bad effects that it will have on their bodies.....Most of all children will absorb it faster and as their little brains are constantly taking things in I worry about them being forced into taking it by parents who have not checked out the problems that they are unaware of.
    The other thing is moderation in everything, just do some homework about it all and make up your own mind. Trust me we did and still do check out everything as best as we can.

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink a lot of the stuff but then found out it has aspertame in you can look it up but it sounds pretty dodgy so swapped for a coop basic squash which doesn't have it in 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Never touch anything with aspartame in it". Complete nonsense. You'd need to drink 24 litres a day to even get close to dangerous levels.

ReputationRep:
    Ribena doesn't have aspartame in. drink that instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCryingRemain)
    Ribena doesn't have aspartame in. drink that instead
    Ribena is no good if OP is trying to cut down on sugar. The squash OP mentioned is fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.