Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, how did you find today's exam? I thought it went pretty well, i used "more pricks than kicks" and "The sweet menu" for my two texts.

ReputationRep:
    At first I thought it was horrible but that was just the limited time. But now I think it was a decent exam or maybe it's because I did revise. I choose text thirty the one with the kids bunny and text thirty three.

Posted from TSR Mobile kno

ReputationRep:
    Think I struggled on the main question. Choose the transcript in a restraint and the sweet menu

ReputationRep:
    Much better than i expected...but then again we never know until results and knowing AQA they'll mark us harsh Chose Text 3 and Text 30 for section B, was a good theme! Section A was quite nice being as they were both adverts and both about biscuits.

PLEASE AQA BE NICE

ReputationRep:
    I found it alright... question 1 was okay except not that much to compare as they were both quite similar! For question 2 I chose text 2 'eating out' and text 16 'nigella lawson's recipe'... do you think these were okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emichi123)
    I found it alright... question 1 was okay except not that much to compare as they were both quite similar! For question 2 I chose text 2 'eating out' and text 16 'nigella lawson's recipe'... do you think these were okay?
    Yea i think they are fine! The question could of be clearer, half way through i started questioning if my texts actually showed a SOCIAL occasion, mine should an un social occasion (sweet menu) and just an occasion (more pricks than kicks)

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you... and just wondered why did you choose 'sweet menu'? Because the person is sat on their own in that poem but the question was on a '"social" occasion'

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you... and just wondered why did you choose 'sweet menu'? Because the person is sat on their own in that poem but the question was on a '"social" occasion'
    I chose the sweet menu and said how he is surrounded by the social occasion of dining out in groups, and how because he is alone and it isn't social it isn't an occasion. And then about the families around representing to social expectations of eating as a group of occasions. I hope that will count :s

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right yes I'm sure that's fine I'm really doubting my choice of Nigella Lawson's recipe... although it did say 'preparation' in the question.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I chose Yams and mangoes with man of property

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right yes I'm sure that's fine I'm really doubting my choice of Nigella Lawson's recipe... although it did say 'preparation' in the question.
    No i think Nigella was a good one for it, Her recipe shows preparation and it being a personal occasion it does work!

ReputationRep:
    I heard somebody chose 'the warden' and 'titus andronicus' so I think there were many texts flying around the exam room haha! I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low so I can get an A what did people write about for question 1?

ReputationRep:
    OK, there are so many different threads on this exam now, I don't know where to post. Anyway, I did Text 19, The transcript and Text 20, The Importance of Being Earnest.
    (Original post by MeganRok)
    Hey all, how did you find today's exam? I thought it went pretty well, i used "more pricks than kicks" and "The sweet menu" for my two texts.
    Haha those two texts are my favourite but I couldn't find ways to fit them into the steer How did you manage to fit the social occasion thing in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganRok)
    I did the sweet menu, with eating out because they were both negative social experiences

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.