The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE retake policy

Hi. I just did my maths exam and think it went really bad (partly due to the fact I only started revising properly last week), but I'm quite worried that if I do get a poor grade and have to retake next summer, whether and how I'll be able to get into LSE (which I where I really wanna go). My other AS levels are great and I'm expecting A's overall, but how bad would it be to have to retake s1 next summer? By the way, I'm in yr 12 and currently studying economics, maths and French - and wanna do economics at uni. Thanks.
I didn't apply for economics but I did really basin one maths module at AS (got a D) and I applied and still got in (for Philosophy and Economics). Given that Economics is super competitive and there will be other candidates who haven't done any resits, there will be other preferable candidates. But if your overall grade doesn't come down by much, you may still stand a chance. What Im saying is, if LSE is where you want to go, still apply! Besides, you don't know how bad you've done until August so just relax and focus on your other exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending