Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've used a few in my time but these things just keep getting cheaper and cheaper. Far from the £20 they used to be.

I've just used www.textreg.co.uk and its really good. Il'L going to write a couple of reviews now. Far to many people complain in this country and not enough say when something is good.

Great board, very happy here now.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, they can be useful.
    Id rather spend the money to get one of the checks done, than buy a car without doing it and then find out afterwards that the car has been written off, has outstanding finance on it etc.
    With the 3 cars ive had- they have been from a garage, so thats a bit safer than buying privately, but i still text the number that they advertise to be doubly sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    With the 3 cars ive had- they have been from a garage, so thats a bit safer than buying privately, but i still text the number that they advertise to be doubly sure.
    Cars from the garage are just as bad, if not more likely to be dodgy tbh.

The only thing that's good about dealership is warrant or in some cases one day insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Cars from the garage are just as bad, if not more likely to be dodgy tbh.

The only thing that's good about dealership is warrant or in some cases one day insurance.
    How can they be just as bad?
    At least if you get one from a garage, you get some comeback if things go wrong (e.g. find out its got outstanding finance, written off etc), whereas buying privately you have none of that. Especially if you go to a garage with a good name, thats been around for years etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.