Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, has anyone been or lived there? I'm wondering what it's like - is the food good? I've read from various posts that it's naff but these are from some years ago so I'm wondering if it's improved at all.

Also, how big are the medium or large rooms? Any pics?

Considering switching my choice from a student house to this place...

ReputationRep:
    Its a peng place, I really recommend going there

ReputationRep:
    I'm also considering switching my first choice from Nicholson to this...!
    I don't know much about it, but there's an old wing and a new wing, the new wing has smaller rooms without sinks and the old wing is bigger with sinks in the rooms.
    Have heard the food isn't the best.
    However it's so cheap compared to the lawns and I think I'd rather be in halls the first year for meeting people etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! i'm currently living in needler hall at the moment so i thought i'd help
    I live in old wing, rooms are a pretty decent size in all wings, you'll have no problem fitting all your stuff here honestly. Room sizes do differ from room to room but all are pretty big. Cleaners come round and hoover your room once every two weeks also - they say no mini fridges, candles, fairy lights etc but if you hide them when the cleaners come round then you'll be fine

Shared bathrooms are not a problem here - theres 3 showers and a bath with 3 girls toilets and 3 boys toilets on both floors of old wing and they get cleaned once a day so don't let that put you off. New Wing is abit different but the same rules apply The Kitchen in Old wing is pretty big, its not beautiful but then again your only going to be spending time in there if you want lunch or to make drunk food after a night out. Kitchens in New Wing are a little smaller but are more frequent - kind of like one kitchen between i think 10 people or so.

There are 3 commom rooms downstairs which are great to pre drink in! - says they close at 11 but if you sweet talk the night porter he'll let ya stay in there theres also a library for exam time which is actually quite useful if you can't be bothered going to the BJL. The stories are true about the food here, it isn't the best, but then again it could be a lot worse - plus it saves you a lot of money getting it down in the hall compared to actually cooking.

Its pretty decent place to be honest - smaller than the lawns but we all know each other better here cause of it. Super close to Cottingham and the bus stop, been great to spend my first year at uni in. If your thinking of coming here, do it you won't regret it. Halls over a house anyday and i applied for a house but got put here - halls is defo the way to go.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.