Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please can you cheer me up, I am very sad and having a really bad day! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my grandmother died today and my cat has gone missing, plus I have just done really badly on an important exam, so I am really sad and can't stop crying! Please can you say things to cheer me up because I am just really depressed and I hate feeling this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerberry)
    Hi, my grandmother died today and my cat has gone missing, plus I have just done really badly on an important exam, so I am really sad and can't stop crying! Please can you say things to cheer me up because I am just really depressed and I hate feeling this way.
    Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, losing a loved one is always hard. But she is in a happy place and she wouldn't want you to be so unhappy. Remember the good times and have a laugh about the silly memories. It'll help you cope - it did when I lost my Grandmother.

Sounds like you have had an awful day but try not to fret about your cat, lots of cats go for wanders and come back later on. It's too soon to start fretting, I'm sure he'll be back soon. If it will give you piece of mind, ask a few neighbours if they can keep a lookout.

Trust me, everyone comes out of an exam feeling like it's the end of the world. I'm sure you have done much better than you thought. You can't change anything now so just stop thinking about it. You gave it your best shot so just wait and see - you may be pleasantly surprised.

I know it feels like the end of the world but tomorrow is a new day and things will get better. Cuddle up with your favourite film, talk with your best friends, listen to music, do something to take your mind off the events of today.

Just make sure you take care of yourself, surround yourself with things and people you love and you will feel better. It'll take time but it will happen.

Take care.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHv603Jsjvk

ReputationRep:
    There is always someone worse off than you.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I'm really sorry about everything that has happened to you. I'm not too good at this cheering up thing but I do have a rather extensive collection of cat gifs which I could share with you if you need a good laugh?

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in? If your in year 10 then chin up with the exam! You ideally should have another chance as a resit! If your in year 11 dont panick either! You most probably have done well! If you still feel stressed about the exam then explain to a teacher you've just lost your grandmother (and mention your cat if you want to) and because its a family problem you should be allowed to take the exam again.
    Im sorry for your loss!
    Most probably the cat will come back! How long has she been missing for?
    Chin up! Dont cry!<3

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thank you so much everyone for all your support, I really appreciate it, as it helped to dry my tears a little bit and hopefully things will get better soon even though everything seems so awful at the moment.
    xxSherlockxx, that was really sweet, it was so nice to hear some kind words like that, although it will be hard to take my mind off today as at the moment it seems like nothing is going right and everything's terrible, even though I have many happy memories of my grandmother I will never be able to see her smile again or talk to her or be with her and she was such a lovely person that I will miss her so much and as the days go on i'll miss her even more and it will just get worse , but i can maybe still be hopeful that my cat will come back to me, it's just hard as when I feel down I usually stroke my cat and talk to her and she always listens and sits on my lap to cuddle up to me but now she has disappeared and that just makes everything worse, and I know I have completely messed up the exam as i blanked out on a question that was worth a lot of marks, and i know i have made some other really stupid mistakes too because I wasn't concentrating as my mind was already filled with sadness.
    PKMN TRN JAM, thanks, that made me smile a bit, but it's hard to stay cheerful when there's nothing to be cheerful about.
    Anythingoo1, your virtual hug was nice, thankyou, maybe something funny would cheer me up, although cat gifs may just remind me more about not having my cat but maybe they will cheer me up a bit
    Harri2648, as I said before, I know I did badly on the exam because there were many questions that I couldn't do and it was already a resit as I did badly in January, which is worse as I have already been given a second chance and I blew it.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thank you so much everyone for all your support, I really appreciate it, as it helped to dry my tears a little bit and hopefully things will get better soon even though everything seems so awful at the moment.
    xxSherlockxx, that was really sweet, it was so nice to hear some kind words like that, although it will be hard to take my mind off today as at the moment it seems like nothing is going right and everything's terrible, even though I have many happy memories of my grandmother I will never be able to see her smile again or talk to her or be with her and she was such a lovely person that I will miss her so much and as the days go on i'll miss her even more and it will just get worse , but i can maybe still be hopeful that my cat will come back to me, it's just hard as when I feel down I usually stroke my cat and talk to her and she always listens and sits on my lap to cuddle up to me but now she has disappeared and that just makes everything worse, and I know I have completely messed up the exam as i blanked out on a question that was worth a lot of marks, and i know i have made some other really stupid mistakes too because I wasn't concentrating as my mind was already filled with sadness.
    PKMN TRN JAM, thanks, that made me smile a bit, but it's hard to stay cheerful when there's nothing to be cheerful about.
    Anythingoo1, your virtual hug was nice, thankyou, maybe something funny would cheer me up, although cat gifs may just remind me more about not having my cat but maybe they will cheer me up a bit
    Harri2648, as I said before, I know I did badly on the exam because there were many questions that I couldn't do and it was already a resit as I did badly in January, which is worse as I have already been given a second chance and I blew it.
    DONT GIVE UP OKAY! You can still have a chance! You never know! Explain to the teacher what has happened, you never know she may notify the exam board and get you another resit for when you get to college! Good Luck okay? You'll do fine!x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.