Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I bottled maths and economics and will only get Bs in both. I think I'll also then get a B in psychology and a C/B in physics. I know it's abysmal but could I do an economics degree anywhere half decent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwndonTwn)
    I think I bottled maths and economics and will only get Bs in both. I think I'll also then get a B in psychology and a C/B in physics. I know it's abysmal but could I do an economics degree anywhere half decent?
    Well firstly, those are good grades.
    Secondly, it depends on what you would consider as half decent.
    Thirdly you can always take some resits.
    Fourthly, depending on your answers, yes you can still do economics at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Well of course you can, depends on what university of course, but 4Bs is not a bad set of grades as far as I know it's 3Bs for QUB (my local Russell Group uni) to do Econ. and that's what I'm thinking of doing after my A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Look at www.whatuni.com

Enter Economics as a subject and Search. On the next page, enter your predicted/likely A level grades (be honest). This will give you a list of likely UNi/courses. You will then need to check on individual websites to check specific subjects/grades, GCSE grades etc.

Dont forget to look at combined subject courses - these often have lower entrance requirements - and dont get obsessed with League Tables.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.