Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Honestly without a doubt they are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure to buy games from. Half done rushed copies riddled with glitches and delightful bugs to have you searching forums to only find EA haven't fixed anything!

I can't play fifa at the minute because "My Gamer profile does have correct permissions" or some rubbish like that. Note. I have been playing it since it came out and there has been no message of this before?!

Bunch of money grabbing, inconsiderate, arrogant, greedy scumbags who deserve to be sacked from the gaming world!

Edit: Funny how I am being negged when most people seem to agree in the comments? EA is that you!

ReputationRep:
    I hate EA with an absolute passion, so much to the point that it is the only company in general that I have actively boycotted.

Their racing games are totally avoidable as well, laden with stupid Fox News style graphical cut-scenes, poor physics, constant milking of Porsche, and not to mention the fact that you only get to really use a quarter of the game, whilst having to pay extra for the rest.

I suppose I'm a hypocrite, because I still buy products from Micro$oft, but at least their products are actually usable.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't come across a single person who is s fan of EA. Says it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well they're stopping online passes, that's something.

There are far worse companies out there. Maybe I wouldn't say I like the company as a whole, but I do like some of their games.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually ever liked them?

ReputationRep:
    They completed their destruction of the PC games industry around 2004/2005 so I'm almost over it now.

ReputationRep:
    You're not the one, they have recieved numerous complaints about the servers. They are pretty **** at times!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to pretend EA are quite on the level of third world country killing exploiters and all that, but as customer service and satisfaction goes they suck pretty hard.

They treat staff like dirt, they treat customers like dirt.

ReputationRep:
    EA haven't done anything to me except publish some of my favourite games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    Consider yourself lucky. Yeah they are great games but soon as you hit a glitch its a whole new ball game.

ReputationRep:
    EA can burn in hell. Long live Valve!

ReputationRep:
    Despise is probably the wrong word for them but I have been put off by their racing games as very few of the racing games published by EA have split screen. Same thing happened with the new release of SSX Tricky. Burnout Paradise would have been so much better with split screen as the online section to that wasn't all that.

ReputationRep:
    This thread reminds me of this.

ReputationRep:
    Westwood, Studio 33, Maxis, Criterion and Dreamworks all made games I loved back in the day. These studios all got killed by EA. Yeah, some of them kept releasing games under EA, but they were never as good. See Command and Conquer for an example. And Burnout.

That's before you get in to EA's current crop of ****e.

In fairness though, they have done some great games. Road Rash 2 is still the best biker game out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trip506)
    EA can burn in hell. Long live Valve!
    Every company's out for a buck.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I love EA,, they helped make the Sims happen!

ReputationRep:
    I love the games EA makes but it's true, aha, every game has a bloody glitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    I have to agree with this statement. If I remember correctly:

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3
    Dead Space 1 and 2 (haven't played 3)
    American McGee's Alice (the old one, I loved it, haven't played Madness Returns although I heard it's not as good)
    Dragon Age: Origins
    LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth 1 and 2
    Call of Duty 1 (and to a lesser extent, 2).

All of these are really fantastic games.

Unfortunately EA has gone downhill, Dragon Age 2 was pathetic, I only played 1 hour and got bored, and Mass Effect was full of DLC (which is an abomination in the gaming world), as well as the Mass Effect 3 ending being a steaming pile of ****. However, I can't ignore the many MANY hours of enjoyment which I owe to EA. I just wish they'd publish some better games than the dumbed down stuff like CoD which should just die please. I liked CoD 1 and 2 because they were the best WW2 games at the time, and they were set in Europe, and very nicely done, but then when you think about it, it's thanks to gamers that enjoy buying every remake of Modern Warfare that EA have the budget to produce stuff like Mass Effect.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.