Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I put Bath as my insurance, do I apply for my accomodation now, or do I have to wait until results day? Is it normal for me to have not recieved any acknowledgement from either my firm or insurance choices?
    If it wasn't for TSR I wouldn't even know that Bath accomodation applications had opened, let alone that several halls are already filled.

There is also the slight problem that I have forgotten my BUCS username and password...

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, as per bath's regulations you need to get your Unconditional first in order to apply for accommodation. Which means you have to confirm your seat at the university to be allowed to do so. I did november exams so i got my results by mid january and got an Unconditional early. Hope that helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appeal to reason)
    So I put Bath as my insurance, do I apply for my accomodation now, or do I have to wait until results day? Is it normal for me to have not recieved any acknowledgement from either my firm or insurance choices?
    If it wasn't for TSR I wouldn't even know that Bath accomodation applications had opened, let alone that several halls are already filled.

There is also the slight problem that I have forgotten my BUCS username and password...

Help?
    (Original post by Nearvan)
    Firstly, as per bath's regulations you need to get your Unconditional first in order to apply for accommodation. Which means you have to confirm your seat at the university to be allowed to do so. I did november exams so i got my results by mid january and got an Unconditional early. Hope that helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do not need an unconditional to apply for accommodation. But you need to have firmed your offer. You get allocated once your offer goes unconditional on receiving results.

ReputationRep:
    You need to get unconditional in order to firm right? I had my unconditional before the accommodation page opened, wouldnt know. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi

I work in the Admissions team at the University of Bath so thought I would post a reply to try to clarify the details of applying for accommodation here at Bath. The key webpage for details on who is eligible to apply is here

In summary, applicants who hold a Firm offer to study at Bath are able to apply for accommodation- i.e. you need to have received either an Unconditional or a Conditional offer and replied via UCAS to indicate a ‘Firm’ acceptance of your offer (making your offer status either Unconditional Firm or Conditional Firm).

If you have chosen Bath as your Insurance choice, then you will be unable to apply for accommodation unless your application to Bath becomes Firm at a later date (i.e. your examination results but do not meet the conditions of your Firm choice, but do meet the conditions of your Insurance offer from Bath which will make your application to Bath ‘Unconditional Firm’).

I hope that this is helpful- please feel free to quote me if this is still unclear!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

In order to reset your username and password please fill in the online form here (where it asks for your department type 'not applicable') and we will be able to issue you with a new username and password
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nearvan)
    You need to get unconditional in order to firm right? I had my unconditional before the accommodation page opened, wouldnt know. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you can firm a conditional or unconditional place. If it's unconditional and you firm the rest of your choices are dismissed as you have a guaranteed place. If it's conditional you get a firm choice and an insurance, should you not make the grades for your firm they are passed onto the insurance choice to see whether you will be accepted there instead.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.