Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would be hard taking both Geography and history at GCSE i'm comfortable with them now but i don't know if it will get too hard or too much for me i'm also taking Art and German.

ReputationRep:
    do them both, great mix to have not many schools offer it!

ReputationRep:
    I did both for GCSE and found them ok, A-level there will be mixed opinions for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing them both and predicted A*'s in both. I prefer History, but I have found that Geography has helped with other subjects (science)

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, loads of people at my school do both and seem to cope.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine with those. Yes, they're a lot of work, but art isn't once you've got all the coursework out of the way so that will make up for it

ReputationRep:
    I was in exactly the same position as you last year when I was picking options - I ended up picking both and I love them! Put together, they're hard work but if you like them then I wouldn't worry. Geography CA is a pain for just 25% (I'm on AQA A spec- it might be different with others) but I don't know about history yet because we haven't started CA yet :/ I also do German as one of my options, so snap! Go for it, you should love them both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing both and yes, like others have said there is a lot to memorise but put in the hard work and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very nice comments I would be on the OCR Geography and Edexcel board for History if anyone has done them.

ReputationRep:
    I have given my geography board exam. Is it ok if we have written more then the line given but not in aditional page but just below the question and if we have made a spelling mistake of the place in Casestudy question then how many marks are likely to be cut. Please if someone knows then pls write.

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR Geography and I love it! Hopefully doing the A Level in September

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I do CCEA geography and history and I love them both! (I'm taking history for A-level hopefully as well). Geography is interesting but some topics are a bit boring and the CA is a pain, but the CA is worth it as it's 25% of the GCSE so if you do really well in it that can be the difference between a whole grade I think :cool: The exams are okay as long as you learn it well (like any subject really) and practice the exam techniques which is the hardest part in my opinion.

History I find is really interesting, it's easy if you take the time to learn it. And there's only one sources test (I say this as a lot of people are put off by sources but in my spec there's only one and it's easy marks if you practice!)

All in all they're great subjects

ReputationRep:
    *GCSE

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    lots of my friends did both and they were fine. some of them do both at a-level too, if you find the subjects interesting then i'd deffo go for it!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Same as the above, a few of my friends are doing both History and Geography and they don't seem to have any problems with it! They are quite different subjects anyway (despite the fact that they are both humanities) and I don't think they'd be any harder than the other GCSEs, so you should be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i might do History then, the only others i could do are Sociology and Business. I don't want to do sociology i just don't think its for me or it would be that useful really Business seems like a good option my brother wants me to take it, it looks interesting but i don't want to be doing loads of presentations about marketing or whatever, I've had a taster lesson in both i didn't partially like either but business seemed abit dull, has anyone done any of these?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.