Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ARGH! It was going so well until I make a REALLY STUPID INACCURACY:
    I put down (in the 30 marker) that the East Pediment of the Temple of Aphaia at Aegina was the West Pediment, and vice versa! Argh!

Does anyone know if this will have any serious effect on my mark? I would say that the rest of my knowledge was accurate and I had a strong argument + my essay was well organised and sort of analytical (I was coming to a judgement) etc.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it :P A level exams are marked positively, meaning that you are given credit for what you did well, rather than deducted marks for what you did badly.

All that will happen is that you will not receive any more 'kudos points' in the mind of the examiner for that statement - basically, he will not consider that piece of factual knowledge when he comes to his conclusions.

At worst, a mistake like that may cost drop you down a mark within the response level that he estimates for you. Examiners understand that you are under pressure in the exam - it is so easy to write the wrong word!- and they take this into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heliocentric)
    Don't worry about it :P A level exams are marked positively, meaning that you are given credit for what you did well, rather than deducted marks for what you did badly.

All that will happen is that you will not receive any more 'kudos points' in the mind of the examiner for that statement - basically, he will not consider that piece of factual knowledge when he comes to his conclusions.

At worst, a mistake like that may cost drop you down a mark within the response level that he estimates for you. Examiners understand that you are under pressure in the exam - it is so easy to write the wrong word!- and they take this into account.
    Okay, so only a 1 mark drop? And I'll still be credited for the knowledge I gave for that example (e.g. Dying warrior's classical idealism.....) even though I got east and west mixed up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For a single factual error, I'd be surprised if you dropped even a mark. They go on the overall impression of your factual knowledge, not specific errors. And yes, that 'higher level' knowledge and analysis will still get lots of yummy marks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.