Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, recently I sat two controlled conditions assessment (CCAs). I am quite good at English, often attaining A/A*s in homework, mocks, etc . However these CCAs were the real thing and I was worried. To give myself some slight advantage the notes I wrote are similar to a draft but not quite. It contained lines of writing that hinted at what I am supposed to write. So for example if I was to write:

"Act 2 Scene 2 is particularly famous scene in William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. Often called the balcony scene, it is where the two lovers first meet"

I would write in my notes:

"A2S2 famous Shakespear R&J Often balcony scene 2 <3 1st meet"

So for everything I planned to write I wrote it in a format similar to above. On the day my teacher went around checking everyone's notes to see if they satisfied the exam boards restrictions but when she reached me she said they were incomprehensible and moved on to someone else. She didn't say my notes were not acceptable. Now, after reading a document I found on the web by the exam board, I am worried that my notes might be counted as a draft.

Also if I was cheating and the exam board found out what would happen? Did this happen to you or anyone you know?

PS sorry for such a lengthy post

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll be alright, unless you basically wrote your whole essay out in code haha, my notes always had hints etc

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. I and several other people in my school done a similar thing for nearly all controlled assessments. We wrote notes in such a way that when we learnt the draft we could recreate it based around notes. As long you kept the rules - don't write more than word limit, not too detailed and don't write long sentences you should be fine, besides there is nothing you can do about it now so don't worry. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. That's a relief. I hope nothing will happen.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.