Poll

Six Mark Question

Does anyone know what the six marker may be ?:smile::frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont think ours is the new spec, it's just the unit 3's i think
Original post by Simpliey
i dont think ours is the new spec, it's just the unit 3's i think

We're the first year to do the new spec for all units.. so basically last year was our first year doing unit 1
Reply 3
For unit 2 Electrolysis is pretty much the only six mark question they can really ask. Polymers maybe as well.
Reply 4
I have a feeling it's going to be a question where we have to apply knowledge.. so probably nanoparticles!
Original post by Elm Tree
I have a feeling it's going to be a question where we have to apply knowledge.. so probably nanoparticles!

yeah, nanoparticles is a new topic and they love putting in new stuff into exams so possibly...
Original post by Beat
For unit 2 Electrolysis is pretty much the only six mark question they can really ask. Polymers maybe as well.

Remind me..... WHAT POLYMERS ?!?! :/
Do we need to know the conditions in which polymers are made from (e.g low pressure high temperature)
Reply 8
Original post by BuddingAchiever
Do we need to know the conditions in which polymers are made from (e.g low pressure high temperature)

Yes :smile: the specification gives a brief summary on what we should know.
6 marker on maybe describing different bonding? Maybe touching on haber procces/ making new chemicals

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sammann123
6 marker on maybe describing different bonding? Maybe touching on haber procces/ making new chemicals

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that is on the specification :smile:
Reply 11
I don't think that is on the specification :smile:

Have you done any past papers? if so, what did you get on them?
haber process is old spec, now on unit 3
Original post by dannywelbeck123
haber process is old spec, now on unit 3

I Know, but they do touch on it when discussing reversible reactions, so they could use it as an application and give you some information to do a six marker

I've been doing C2 past papers, normally only drop 1 or 2 marks as the questions are very repetitive and its easy to learn the mark scheme.
Yes :smile: the specification gives a brief summary on what we should know.

However we just need to know that they are made with different catalysts and different temperatures/pressures, we don't have to know the actual temp/pressure/catalyst used.

Recently, I've been getting 57..... if not my very lowest is 49:/
Original post by sammann123
I Know, but they do touch on it when discussing reversible reactions, so they could use it as an application and give you some information to do a six marker

But we're not expected to know this..
But we're not expected to know this..

From my new spec AQA Text book:
"Ammonia is manufactured by reacting nitrogen with hydrogen at about 400°C. Unfortunately, hot ammonia decomposes again."
We don't have to know about it in detail but it's definitely mentioned a few times and if they were going to use 'reactions that go both ways' as a topic for a six mark question i imagine they would bring in questions about ammonia.
Reply 19
What would be the points for a 6-mark insoluble salt making question?

1) Mix ionic substances in solution
2) Filter/wash/dry precipitate to obtain salt.

Is there anything else??

Also what kind of things would they look for in a 6-mark electrolysis question?

Quick Reply