The Student Room Group

Chemistry c2 unit 2 aqa monday gcse 20th new spec

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
2 (a) (ii) How does a hydrogen ion change into a hydrogen atom?
2 (c) (i) Which ion makes the waste alkaline?
4 (c) (ii) What information does the molecular ion peak give about the molecule?
5 (c) (ii) Sodium iodide contains sodium ions (Na+) and iodide ions (I

).
Describe, as fully as you can, what happens when sodium atoms react with iodine atoms
to produce sodium iodide.
5 (c) (v) What is formed at the negative electrode when sodium iodide solution is electrolysed?

Can you answer these question for me please from the 2013 exam.
Reply 61
Original post by sammann123
I haven't

4 (c) (ii) What information does the molecular ion peak give about the molecule?

).
Describe, as fully as you can, what happens when sodium atoms react with iodine atoms
5 (c) (v) What is formed at the negative electrode when sodium iodide solution is electrolysed?

Original post by kam123456

).

Really? God.
It gains an electron.
The hydroxide.
Its Mr- relative molecular mass.
Sodium loses an electron from its outer shell to become Na+ with a full outer shell. Iodine gains an electron on its outer shell to become I- with a full outer shell. The oppositely charged ions are held together by an electrostatic force between the two opposite charges.
Hydrogen as it is less reactive than sodium.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
Really? God.
It loses an electron.
The hydroxide.
Its Mr- relative molecular mass.
Sodium loses an electron from its outer shell to become Na+ with a full outer shell. Iodine gains an electron on its outer shell to become I- with a full outer shell. The oppositely charged ions are held together by an electrostatic force between the two opposite charges.
Sodium as it is the positive ion.

thanks i really appreatiate it!
one more question- 1 (a) Explain why the solution goes cloudy
Reply 64
Original post by SaraB_
I remember doing this as our mock and it's because the sulfur forms a precipitate. :smile:

Its worth 2 marks so what would the other point be. Do u have the mark scheme for this ?
Original post by kam123456
Its worth 2 marks so what would the other point be. Do u have the mark scheme for this ?

here you go
Reply 66
Original post by SaraB_
No our teacher just went through it on the board. And 1 mark is for the sulfur forms 1 mark is for a precipitate/ solid

oh thanks
Reply 67
I've got the mark scheme for the Jan2013 paper o.o
Reply 68
I'm not entirely sure about this method, i've done the past paper this question is from and they're looking for a basic description of a titration essentially.. Hence the wording of the question 'the amount' needed..

Its the exact method from the book but i just deleted the irrelevant data that was specific to their experiment....
Reply 69
Anyone else find it laughably easy? :rofl2:
So how did everyone find it? I actually thought it was alright, and the 6 mark question was completely unexpected haha... hope it went well for everyone!!:smile:
Original post by Elm Tree

Yes, I thought it was much easier than past papers I've done.
Reply 72
Original post by ZeniB
So how did everyone find it? I actually thought it was alright, and the 6 mark question was completely unexpected haha... hope it went well for everyone!!:smile:

Original post by ZeniB
Yes, I thought it was much easier than past papers I've done.

The 6 mark question threw me off when I saw how long the answer lines were.
What did you write on it?
Reply 73
I thought it was the hardest paper ever! Anyone got any answers they know for definite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely the hardest test ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simpliey
I've got the mark scheme for the Jan2013 paper o.o

Please can you send it to me
The 6 mark question threw me off when I saw how long the answer lines were.
What did you write on it?

I wrote about how you would react the magnesium ribbon with different % concentrations of the acid, I cant remember what it was :L and then measure the rate of reaction by measuring the amount of Hydrogen gas produced in a minute. For the fair test I said I would use the same sized piece of magnesium each time and repeat the experiment to make it reliable and detect anomalies.
Then I did a risk assessment. Basically I just wrote anything I could think of that might have some relevance to the question... :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by TryandAchieve
Definitely the hardest test ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Did anyone put endothermic as the first question? 1b or 1ai < can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79

Yesssssssssss! i'm sooo happy :biggrin: which question did you find hardest though? for me it was the electrolysis -but from what i've heard my little bit of bs seems to have been right :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending