WJEC A2 Media Studies - June 4th

Watch this thread
HannaBelle
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi guys!!!!

Anyone currently doing A2 Media Studies? I am so scared for this exam, God knows how I'm going to even pass it with the case studies that my teacher dished out to us in September.

Also, if you are undertaking A2 Media, how are you revising for it?
sophiecharlton1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HannaBelle)
Hi guys!!!!

Anyone currently doing A2 Media Studies? I am so scared for this exam, God knows how I'm going to even pass it with the case studies that my teacher dished out to us in September.

Also, if you are undertaking A2 Media, how are you revising for it?
What case studies do you have? I'm so nervous for this exam I really want an A in it but i don't think its going to happen I've basically been doing loads of essay plans and before I broke up from school I wrote a load of essays and got them marked from teachers so I have a few of them as a guideline to work with. What about you, how have you been revising for it ??? I tell you what I really don't get how you structure an essay on globalisation
LostByeol
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What's annoying about this exam is that you HAVE to write the way the examiner wants or else watch the marks fly by!What are your industries?
I'm doing TV,Music and Newspapers.My teacher is the chill type anyway but this year she overdid it.She's just like ''I can't cover this in class.Go research it on your own''.
That's so helpful :confused:

(Original post by sophiecharlton1)
What case studies do you have? I'm so nervous for this exam I really want an A in it but i don't think its going to happen I've basically been doing loads of essay plans and before I broke up from school I wrote a load of essays and got them marked from teachers so I have a few of them as a guideline to work with. What about you, how have you been revising for it ??? I tell you what I really don't get how you structure an essay on globalisation
I'm with you on globalisation!My teacher hasn't even touched on the subject and she hasn't taught us how to structure a globalisation,regulation OR audience question!We had to cram the audience information in 2 lessons before half term!!!I need a solid A in the exam.
EpicChris95
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey I'm doing this exam, not long off now :O The industries I've done is Film, Music and Videogames. My teacher was good at giving us the content in print out booklets, he gave us headings so we just basically learn the heading to revise to spark off the rest of the point. Hope you guys do well it is a very weird exam with 2 questions one of which you have to play the wonderful guessing game which one is industry and which one is audience, I can't understand why they don't just have 3 sections!
LSJG
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I am having big trouble with industry questions! I am fine with audience and representation but I am so nervous for industry, I'm hoping Internet comes up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucy1025
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LostByeol)
What's annoying about this exam is that you HAVE to write the way the examiner wants or else watch the marks fly by!What are your industries?
I'm doing TV,Music and Newspapers.My teacher is the chill type anyway but this year she overdid it.She's just like ''I can't cover this in class.Go research it on your own''.
That's so helpful :confused:

I'm with you on globalisation!My teacher hasn't even touched on the subject and she hasn't taught us how to structure a globalisation,regulation OR audience question!We had to cram the audience information in 2 lessons before half term!!!I need a solid A in the exam.
Same over here! My teacher hasn't even taught us anything on global, regulation, distribution, marketing/promotion or Internet so to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. It's so hard trying to teach myself because I don't know if I'm right haha. My industries are magazines, TV and music.

Just so scared because I need an A overall to get into Uni. With my marks from last year and my coursework I need like 62/90 in the exam and it's just going to depend entirely on the questions. Really hoping for a nice paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
LostByeol
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lucy1025)
Same over here! My teacher hasn't even taught us anything on global, regulation, distribution, marketing/promotion or Internet so to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. It's so hard trying to teach myself because I don't know if I'm right haha. My industries are magazines, TV and music.

Just so scared because I need an A overall to get into Uni. With my marks from last year and my coursework I need like 62/90 in the exam and it's just going to depend entirely on the questions. Really hoping for a nice paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my teacher an email asking if she can check a regulation question I answered and she was like ''I'll try...won't promise'' so I'm really on my own here.I wouldn't worry if I needed 62 haha.I need like 72 because last year I absolutely despised the subject,was skipping classes etc.
Indeed,t really depends on the paper.I know what to do with marketing and representation but in general, with my third industry which is newspapers everyone in my class is kinda like ''uuummm''.She didn't teach us well.How did you do on your class mock?62 would be relatively easy to get since you only need like a lot B in each question.
Lucy1025
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LostByeol)
I sent my teacher an email asking if she can check a regulation question I answered and she was like ''I'll try...won't promise'' so I'm really on my own here.I wouldn't worry if I needed 62 haha.I need like 72 because last year I absolutely despised the subject,was skipping classes etc.
Indeed,t really depends on the paper.I know what to do with marketing and representation but in general, with my third industry which is newspapers everyone in my class is kinda like ''uuummm''.She didn't teach us well.How did you do on your class mock?62 would be relatively easy to get since you only need like a lot B in each question.
Your teacher sounds exactly like mine! We really haven't been taught a lot of the course content. I depends on the question, but in essays we do in class I usually get at least Bs. My most recent mark was 25 but I seem to get 22-23 a lot, so technically that would be all I need! Or I could get like 2 higher marks and a lower one if it was a bad question. One minute I think it's achievable and the next I'm like aaaahhhh no way hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
LostByeol
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lucy1025)
Your teacher sounds exactly like mine! We really haven't been taught a lot of the course content. I depends on the question, but in essays we do in class I usually get at least Bs. My most recent mark was 25 but I seem to get 22-23 a lot, so technically that would be all I need! Or I could get like 2 higher marks and a lower one if it was a bad question. One minute I think it's achievable and the next I'm like aaaahhhh no way hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well,good luck to both of us!
HannaBelle
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys!

Ahhh you guys don't even know how SCARED I am for this exam! Even though I'm pretty solid on the theories, I need to structure my essays, find statistical evidence and find out on the day what can be substituted as an 'Industry' and an 'Audience' question. I bloody hate A2 Media Studies, why couldn't I have just stopped at AS level did something much easier to get my head around, at least!?

My texts are...

Films:
Memento
Boy A
Prometheus

TV Shows:
The Voice UK
Miranda
FlashForward

Video Games:
FIFA 13
Infamous 2
Batman: Arkham City

Kill me now??? Please.....
LostByeol
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HannaBelle)
Hey guys!

Ahhh you guys don't even know how SCARED I am for this exam! Even though I'm pretty solid on the theories, I need to structure my essays, find statistical evidence and find out on the day what can be substituted as an 'Industry' and an 'Audience' question. I bloody hate A2 Media Studies, why couldn't I have just stopped at AS level did something much easier to get my head around, at least!?

My texts are...

Films:
Memento
Boy A
Prometheus

TV Shows:
The Voice UK
Miranda
FlashForward

Video Games:
FIFA 13
Infamous 2
Batman: Arkham City

Kill me now??? Please.....
Good choice of Films by your teacher but why The Voice and Not Britain's Got Talent?We're doing it and it's really useful.
Also,what do you mean what can be substituted as an Industry and Audience question?
Also,theories...Oh yeah,I'm sure my teacher just mentioned those a couple of times.Do we absolutely have to mention them?I mean,for BGT for example I could mention the Individualist Model and the Uses and Gratifications theory but aren't they mostly for the Audience question?
I mean,duh,it appeals to people because of its variety and diversity,do they really want me to write down what theory that goes into now :rolleyes:
LSJG
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Mine are
Film:
The kings speech
Four lions

Tv:
This is England
Rastamouse
The inbetweeners
And Glee as an additional

Music:
Lady gaga
Sex pistols
Ed sheeran

I'm not sure wether to do some quick research on video games for a marketing question as I think it would be easier?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ablueflyingcar
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
We're doing TV, Music and Gaming, and my teacher has a pretty good way of doing it. All of our Section A notes are organized, so that genre, narrative and representation are in the same part. Section B is then split into two - audience and industry. Our teacher gave us powerpoint slides that gave us all the notes for firstly any appeal or target questions, then any response questions. The last section on industry then has our notes for success and regulation. I find that splitting your notes up like that really helps.
LostByeol
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LSJG)
Mine are
Film:
The kings speech
Four lions

Tv:
This is England
Rastamouse
The inbetweeners
And Glee as an additional

Music:
Lady gaga
Sex pistols
Ed sheeran

I'm not sure wether to do some quick research on video games for a marketing question as I think it would be easier?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only answer the questions with these industries.The examiner will know which industries you're doing from what other people write about.If you're the odd one out he'll grade you with a big fat 0.
LSJG
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
we all have our own music case studies in our group tho??

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSJG
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
plus ive decided im leaving film for section A and keeping TV and music for section B

Posted from TSR Mobile
LostByeol
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LSJG)
we all have our own music case studies in our group tho??

Posted from TSR Mobile
You all have different case studies?How on earth will that work?What exactly was your teacher thinking?
LSJG
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
we all studied our own muaic case studies as he didnt want to teach us something we didnt like

Posted from TSR Mobile
RobMoon
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Worst part is I do A2 Media Studies and I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, Oh dear :P
Lucy1025
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RobMoon)
Worst part is I do A2 Media Studies and I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, Oh dear :P
This is for WJEC. Maybe you're a different exam board? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (23)
71.88%
No (7)
21.88%
I didn't use it to prepare (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads