This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
lol, well at least you dont get your intellegence insulted like I did.
least you didn't have some newbie telling you to "shut my f*cking mouth" lol
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by roseonthegrave)
Hey, I'll join ya. On a completely unrelated topic, here's a fun quote:

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world,and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."
-- Thomas Jefferson

i thought your cult was dead?

1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
i thought your cult was dead?

1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Is it? Oh well, better remove it from the old sig...
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aww, i dunnow, it comes close.. but nah, you win *hands over insult trophy*
MuniE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey, I'll join ya. On a completely unrelated topic, here's a fun quote:

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world,and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."
-- Thomas Jefferson

See but to piss the religious people off you must manipulate that quote to say " religion is for the weak who believe in lies and stories" then you get them all upset and they start yelling and the fun starts
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is it? Oh well, better remove it from the old sig...
i dunno i assumed since my former group ended the allince, then silenp, jag and whoever else was in it stopped posting.
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
See but to piss the religious people off you must manipulate that quote to say " religion is for the weak who believe in lies and stories" then you get them all upset and they start yelling and the fun starts
In the old days, the fun would have been the crusades. Socitey holds 'em back a bit, though, nowdays.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
aww, i dunnow, it comes close.. but nah, you win *hands over insult trophy*
alright
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
and then they give you negitive rep
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
and then they give you negitive rep
Ahh, ****! Not NEGITIVE REP!
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ahh, ****! Not NEGITIVE REP!
i know, its intimadating stuff, those red gems.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dont sweat it mate, people can be senile. But then again they have the choice... the questoin is ...do we abuse or use our repping power... potatoes.. wow, how totally random was that?
{S}Scourge{S}
Report 16 years ago
i think the bible is just the ramblings of a bunch of stoonners
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by {S}Scourge{S})
i think the bible is just the ramblings of a bunch of stoonners
hmmm.... unsure.....
being a christian i have faith that it is true BUT it does contradict itself a hell of a lot... so i dunno! i think possibly it has been added to over the years and therefore is not completely true, like for example all the bits about women are inferior to men have been added to make men more superior. if that makes sense. which it kinda doesnt. oh well at least i know what i'm talking about!!!
Lyd

btw there are two topics in this thread... which onea re we actually talking about (being a student i am only awake enough to read the last thread... i confused)
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well, wouldn't god hav sent his son down to educate us?
I mean, he wouldn't hav created us and want us goin on without knowin wat the point of everyfink in life is?
superomega1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Jesus might have been real but apart from that the rest is just stories that have over exxagerated over centuries. If that sort of thing actually happened in the past then why doesn't it happen now?
yo! itzME
Report 16 years ago
I believe that when it comes to religion, there are always two sides to it. I am a Christian, and my belief is that Jesus is the Son of the Living God and I trust the Bible. I do not claim to know the Bible in and out but I do know that there is peace when I meditate on certain verses. Meditate not like as in yoga, but simply remembering that particular verse on a constant basis and try to apply it to my life. Ever since the day I accepted Jesus into my life more than ten years back, I have experience His love, His security and His faithfulness to me, even when I was unfaithful. My account may just be on a personal basis, but I believe other believers can testify the touch of Jesus in their lives as well. If not, why would missionaries lay down their lives to preach the Gospel in unknown land- which is all about de love and de forgiveness of sins thru His death and de victory in Jesus thru His resurrection.

Not only I consider Jesus to be real, He is very much alive in me and all others who believe and have accepted Him into their lives.

If you wish to know more about Jesus, try talking to someone, a friend perhaps, who has been touched by God's love. I hope you would.
Have a blessed day!
Pure_Honey
Report 16 years ago
I think Jesus existed, although I don't believe he did all the stuff people say he did. I just think he was an ordinary bloke who got a bit famous!
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pure_Honey)
I think Jesus existed, although I don't believe he did all the stuff people say he did. I just think he was an ordinary bloke who got a bit famous!
"An ordinary bloke" :rolleyes:
Meerkat
Report 16 years ago
Of course, God is real. And yes, Jesus the son of God is also real.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (32)
56.14%
Yes, but I want to swap them (5)
8.77%
No, but I know who I want to choose (6)
10.53%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (12)
21.05%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (2)
3.51%

Watched Threads