Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no religion is a pile of bulshit the bible was writen b y some stonned guy, and jesus was an escaped mental patient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godthebuilder)
    what do u think about the bible
    Well ask yourself this question, how did all this which surrounds us come to be made so finely with intricate detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReligion)
    Well ask yourself this question, how did all this which surrounds us come to be made so finely with intricate detail.
    You seem to be a person who takes the bible very literally, what do you have to say then about the 6 days to create earth, the fact that it was written by many different people at different times and by the fact that it mentions nothing about the millions of years before man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    You seem to be a person who takes the bible very literally, what do you have to say then about the 6 days to create earth, the fact that it was written by many different people at different times and by the fact that it mentions nothing about the millions of years before man?
    I was confused about this also.
    But, did you know that fossils of man have been found dating back to the times of the dinosaurs?
    One explanation I have heard about the extinction of dinosaurs was the Noah's Ark flood.
    There is no actualy proof that something massive from outer space collided with the earth.
    Christianity is about faith.
    One verse in the bible that is very significant goes like this.
    "If you do not accept Christ in childlike faith, you will never see the Kingdom of God", meaning there will be things you are unsure of but you just have faith in God about them. Obviously if God came down right now let us all see him everyone would believe and be afraid. So what would be the point? I believe life is a test.

ReputationRep:
    I was confused about this also.
    But, did you know that fossils of man have been found dating back to the times of the dinosaurs?
    One explanation I have heard about the extinction of dinosaurs was the Noah's Ark flood.
    There is no actualy proof that something massive from outer space collided with the earth.
    Christianity is about faith.
    One verse in the bible that is very significant goes like this.
    "If you do not accept Christ in childlike faith, you will never see the Kingdom of God", meaning there will be things you are unsure of but you just have faith in God about them. Obviously if God came down right now let us all see him everyone would believe and be afraid. So what would be the point? I believe life is a test.
    This is factually incorrect, the great flood has been scientifically dated to just 1000's of years ago , not millions. It did not happen the world over but rather in the middle east are where the land is below sea level. The fossil remains of humans being as old as dinosaurs I do not believe. Furthermore, there are many sites that could have been the place where asteroids hit the earth. There are countless ones ranging from siberia, to yucatan to the arctic.

ReputationRep:
    and you know that science has prooved Sodam and Gammorah (sp?) to be the result of an earthquake rupturing the land and the nearby lake making the clay houses sink into the earth, and earthquake. Watched a doco on it, very interesting. Oh how i adore Discovery Channell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    and you know that science has prooved Sodam and Gammorah (sp?) to be the result of an earthquake rupturing the land and the nearby lake making the clay houses sink into the earth, and earthquake. Watched a doco on it, very interesting. Oh how i adore Discovery Channell.
    No it was not proof, it was theory. Many things science has to offer us are just theories, we will accept them gladly but as soon as we here something biblical we ignore it. I believe this is because people want to be in control of their own destiny, sadly this is not the case.

One day I happened to be flicking through the sky news interactive browser. Right at the bottom was an article stating that scientists have found that the red shift theory is in fact not true as their super human telescope had shown. Why it did not make the headlines, I think we all know.
    Many people will gladly admit that the supenatural exists, but as soon as you as them how science can explain this, they will go back and question what they originally said.
    try it with someone.

ReputationRep:
    No it was not proof, it was theory. Many things science has to offer us are just theories, we will accept them gladly but as soon as we here something biblical we ignore it. I believe this is because people want to be in control of their own destiny, sadly this is not the case.

One day I happened to be flicking through the sky news interactive browser. Right at the bottom was an article stating that scientists have found that the red shift theory is in fact not true as their super human telescope had shown. Why it did not make the headlines, I think we all know.
    Many people will gladly admit that the supenatural exists, but as soon as you as them how science can explain this, they will go back and question what they originally said.
    try it with someone.
    I find it funny that religous people can prove science wrong and to be misguided but whenever science does that to religion they bring up the issue of faith. Better known as being blind.

ReputationRep:
    but but but! they had a model and they did their own earthquake, then they tried it on this farmer's land and it worked!

You know, I admire people with faith, until they start to preach to me. But you know, i could never trust fully in something that I have no proof of for myself. I am a very "believe it when i see it" kinds person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I find it funny that religous people can prove science wrong and to be misguided but whenever science does that to religion they bring up the issue of faith. Better known as being blind.
    Funny, we will believe whatever the Daily Mail says but not the Word of God.
    Tell me this, how would science go about explaining the supernatural. Whenever we asked our science teacher, he'd only ever reply with "prove that god is real".
    The supernatural is real, and I;ve seen it for myself.
    There is good and there is evil, those devil worshippers aren't to be played with as what the do is real. Many will agree but when I ask them how science would explain it, they become mute.

ReputationRep:
    Funny, we will believe whatever the Daily Mail says but not the Word of God.
    Tell me this, how would science go about explaining the supernatural. Whenever we asked our science teacher, he'd only ever reply with "prove that god is real".
    The supernatural is real, and I;ve seen it for myself.
    There is good and there is evil, those devil worshippers aren't to be played with as what the do is real. Many will agree but when I ask them how science would explain it, they become mute.
    I do not believe in the supernatural, getting a spooky feeling in the dark, or thinking that you see a ghost does not prove the supernatural. Next thing you are going to ask is for me to prove those christian tv healers to be frauds lol

ReputationRep:
    but but but! they had a model and they did their own earthquake, then they tried it on this farmer's land and it worked!

You know, I admire people with faith, until they start to preach to me. But you know, i could never trust fully in something that I have no proof of for myself. I am a very "believe it when i see it" kinds person.
    And that myfriend may be your very of fatal flaw.
    Wow the produced a model to try and disprove one of the bible stories, I love when you keep feeding this to me because the more i resist the stronger my faith becomes. If any of you built up enough courage to read the book of Revelation (last book in the Bible) i guarantee you will want some questions answered. With that said, you probably would stay well clear, but hey thats human beings for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I do not believe in the supernatural, getting a spooky feeling in the dark, or thinking that you see a ghost does not prove the supernatural. Next thing you are going to ask is for me to prove those christian tv healers to be frauds lol
    I have heard strong christian believers say what you are saying.
    But you won't understand till it happens to you. If you ever feel the power of the holy ghost flow through you, honestly you won't believe what has just happened.
    I was unsure of these healers too, I admit.
    UNTIL a lady in my church on a wheelchair began to walk.
    Honest, doctors (scientists) told her she would never walk again, and today she can walk, although not like you and I but at least she can walk. Now Einstein will have his explanation, but I know whathappened there.
    Phoebe in Friends raised something very interesting.
    Many years ago, very clever men agreed that the world was flat. And guess what they turned out to be wrong, what if scientists are wrong about their whole big bang garbage.
    Atheists live off the big bang theory, (emphasis on theory). But think about it, even if the big bang did happen, who or what caused that?

ReputationRep:
    Are you calling me a coward? Do you know that I risked my own life to save a kid who was caught in a rip? How dare you.

I believe in the super natural, I have seen visions of three ghosts in my house, one of whom i knew. I never said that religion was a bad thing, and i never said that i did not believe in god. I simply stste that i will not believe everything in the bible due to numerous historical inaccuracies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I tried to read it but it was too stupid, it was like seeing the colour blue then being told that it was not blue but black. The book is full of contradictions and fairy tale like stories
    i guarantee you it is not fairy tail.
    I was probably wrong to recomend you start off the bible with revelation. It is a very complex book and requires deep study.
    If you look at the Bible only to search for potential flaws then you will never fully appreciate wha the words mean.

ReputationRep:
    Are you calling me a coward? Do you know that I risked my own life to save a kid who was caught in a rip? How dare you.

I believe in the super natural, I have seen visions of three ghosts in my house, one of whom i knew. I never said that religion was a bad thing, and i never said that i did not believe in god. I simply stste that i will not believe everything in the bible due to numerous historical inaccuracies.
    I apologise if you thought I called you a coward.
    But your story of ghosts, you have to think through it. Why and how do you think it happened.
    You know God gives us warnings, not only christians but he can even warn the biggest atheist.
    My teacheer once told us, after many years of her paranormal experience and believe me thinking about it brings tears to my eyes and makes me jump out of my skin. You could see it in her face that what she was saying was no lie. She believes it was God that saved her that day, I know it was. Sure wasn't anything on the periodic table.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard strong christian believers say what you are saying.
    But you won't understand till it happens to you. If you ever feel the power of the holy ghost flow through you, honestly you won't believe what has just happened.
    I was unsure of these healers too, I admit.
    UNTIL a lady in my church on a wheelchair began to walk.
    Honest, doctors (scientists) told her she would never walk again, and today she can walk, although not like you and I but at least she can walk. Now Einstein will have his explanation, but I know whathappened there.
    Phoebe in Friends raised something very interesting.
    Many years ago, very clever men agreed that the world was flat. And guess what they turned out to be wrong, what if scientists are wrong about their whole big bang garbage.
    Atheists live off the big bang theory, (emphasis on theory). But think about it, even if the big bang did happen, who or what caused that?
    Lol we are just going to go back and forth forever. Healers are scam artists and should be shot, the religious community put on trial people who believed the world was round and not at the center of the universe and finally the big bang was caused by the compression of atmospheric gasses, or at least thats what I have heard. So now you may go ahead and ask where the gas came from so I can say where does god come and then you can say he was not created but just is then i can comeback and say that if it is possible for god to just be how do u know that the gas just didnt exist, then of course you will say faith and we will be back at square one.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it but god has nothing to do with the thing i have seen, my most frequent visitor was a friend who died and his wife was gettin re-married, and we were the only ones who had not moved house I put her address up on the fridge and he did not come back for a long time. The next time i saw him was in my house sitting opppoiste me in the library which is a way form any parts of the house in which i have seen him before. The next day i got a call saying his wife was pregnant. I hate to sound 'phsychic' but i think i have a gift, now im not sying im a psychic or anyting, reahter, i just see tihngs thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Lol we are just going to go back and forth forever. Healers are scam artists and should be shot, the religious community put on trial people who believed the world was round and not at the center of the universe and finally the big bang was caused by the compression of atmospheric gasses, or at least thats what I have heard. So now you may go ahead and ask where the gas came from so I can say where does god come and then you can say he was not created but just is then i can comeback and say that if it is possible for god to just be how do u know that the gas just didnt exist, then of course you will say faith and we will be back at square one.
    God is a being.
    The gas is a property, it just can't exist. Surely you can see the difference here.
    I really hope one day, you will experience something that will show you that there is a God. All you have to do is follow him.
    But tell me something, why do you reject the bible when you have not even heard it preached by an expert.
    I sat through science for year sand listened to what I know is wrong, I didn't run out of the clas worrying that i'll become a Darwinite, all I'm saying is just give religion a go.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it but god has nothing to do with the thing i have seen, my most frequent visitor was a friend who died and his wife was gettin re-married, and we were the only ones who had not moved house I put her address up on the fridge and he did not come back for a long time. The next time i saw him was in my house sitting opppoiste me in the library which is a way form any parts of the house in which i have seen him before. The next day i got a call saying his wife was pregnant. I hate to sound 'phsychic' but i think i have a gift, now im not sying im a psychic or anyting, reahter, i just see tihngs thats all.
    I don't wanna sound mean or cynical but are you sure you are actually seeing these things or are you in a state between dozing off and being awake and in this haze seeing these things?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.