The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
TheReligion
God is a being.
The gas is a property, it just can't exist. Surely you can see the difference here.
I really hope one day, you will experience something that will show you that there is a God. All you have to do is follow him.
But tell me something, why do you reject the bible when you have not even heard it preached by an expert.
I sat through science for year sand listened to what I know is wrong, I didn't run out of the clas worrying that i'll become a Darwinite, all I'm saying is just give religion a go.

I am willing to take the chance that god doesn't exist and go to hell. If there is a god and he never helped out the people of this world I wouldn't want to praise him anyways
But tell me something, why do you reject the bible when you have not even heard it preached by an expert.

My friend is a sunday school teacher, i never hear the end of it. She knows a great deal and i love her for it. Its a way of finding out different theories, I am a theorist and a logicist so i like comparing.
Everdawn
I hate to say it but god has nothing to do with the thing i have seen, my most frequent visitor was a friend who died and his wife was gettin re-married, and we were the only ones who had not moved house I put her address up on the fridge and he did not come back for a long time. The next time i saw him was in my house sitting opppoiste me in the library which is a way form any parts of the house in which i have seen him before. The next day i got a call saying his wife was pregnant. I hate to sound 'phsychic' but i think i have a gift, now im not sying im a psychic or anyting, reahter, i just see tihngs thats all.

But doesn't that contradict the laws of science?
Many people in the church have been blessed with the power of prophecy, they don't see themselves as psychics.
My mother has freeked me out a few times as she has the gift. It's often very little things she sees, but now and then something major occurs. From all my life experiences I can say with upmost certainty that science cannit explain our existence.
but with my faith I can say God is responsible for our existence.
Reply 103
TheReligion
But doesn't that contradict the laws of science?
Many people in the church have been blessed with the power of prophecy, they don't see themselves as psychics.
My mother has freeked me out a few times as she has the gift. It's often very little things she sees, but now and then something major occurs. From all my life experiences I can say with upmost certainty that science cannit explain our existence.
but with my faith I can say God is responsible for our existence.

I am just interested you said you once were agnostic or atheist then found god, what made you change your mind?
Yes it does contradict the laws of science, but im not a scentist, id defyies logic, the thing i believe most in. But i still think god is not responsible. Here is what i believe; When we die, our bodies become the grass and the antelope eat the grass adn we eat the antelope and so being the great circle of life.... well actually no, thats in the lion king... but

1) WE DIE, we have a chioce on whether we go straight to be judged or stick around for a while, the grim reaper gives us his mobile number and says "call me when youre ready to appear" and so it is. We can choose to appear (obviously dead) to the people we choose in a way of communication of finish our unfinished business... so i guess that is how im able to see what i do.
MuniE
I am willing to take the chance that god doesn't exist and go to hell. If there is a god and he never helped out the people of this world I wouldn't want to praise him anyways

HA THATS WHERE YOU ARE VERY VERY WRONG!!!
My father gave me a copy of an e-mail sent to him today. I shall ask him to forward it to me tomorrow then I shall post it and you'll see why somethings happen which are unforseen.
But I'll give you the jist of it.
We humans; are we not the ones who opted for God to leave our schools and not be part of our lives. We asked for the bible never to be read in schools.
We asked for are boys to be given condoms at school.
God being the kind God that he is, listens and decides to step back.
No wonder then that shootings and other forms of violence have become much more common in our schools.
No wonder that our children are having children.
I shall send you a copy tomorrow and see what you make of it. Then you'll understand the flaws with your last comment.
Reply 106
Everdawn
Yes it does contradict the laws of science, but im not a scentist, id defyies logic, the thing i believe most in. But i still think god is not responsible. Here is what i believe; When we die, our bodies become the grass and the antelope eat the grass adn we eat the antelope and so being the great circle of life.... well actually no, thats in the lion king... but

1) WE DIE, we have a chioce on whether we go straight to be judged or stick around for a while, the grim reaper gives us his mobile number and says "call me when youre ready to appear" and so it is. We can choose to appear (obviously dead) to the people we choose in a way of communication of finish our unfinished business... so i guess that is how im able to see what i do.

I hate to agree with thereligion, but u are obviously religious if you think we are judged
Reply 107
TheReligion
HA THATS WHERE YOU ARE VERY VERY WRONG!!!
My father gave me a copy of an e-mail sent to him today. I shall ask him to forward it to me tomorrow then I shall post it and you'll see why somethings happen which are unforseen.
But I'll give you the jist of it.
We humans; are we not the ones who opted for God to leave our schools and not be part of our lives. We asked for the bible never to be read in schools.
We asked for are boys to be given condoms at school.
God being the kind God that he is, listens and decides to step back.
No wonder then that shootings and other forms of violence have become much more common in our schools.
No wonder that our children are having children.
I shall send you a copy tomorrow and see what you make of it. Then you'll understand the flaws with your last comment.

Im just curious are you from the southern united states?, and trust me violence is not caused by the LACK of religion lol, religion is the cause of every major conflict. If we had to read religous stuff in schoo, it would cause violence, muslims would get made and I would get mad that people believe the stuff
TheReligion
I felt the power of God move though me.
I was in a meeting and people were being prayed for. The atmosphere in the room was unlike any other. My body was just out of control, I just knew it was a sign of God in me.
Prior to that, we had some difficulties within the family. Thefamily was just strong and literally sat back and prayed that god would intervene and guess what he did just that.
You may call it coincidence but I call it miracle.

I call it a placebo effect.
Reply 109
TheReligion
I felt the power of God move though me.
I was in a meeting and people were being prayed for. The atmosphere in the room was unlike any other. My body was just out of control, I just knew it was a sign of God in me.
Prior to that, we had some difficulties within the family. Thefamily was just strong and literally sat back and prayed that god would intervene and guess what he did just that.
You may call it coincidence but I call it miracle.

God never helped my grandpa when he died on cancer, isn't helping my brothers best friend who is dying of cancer, didn't help the little girl who was in my KINDERGARDEN class and died of cancer, what makes you think that of all the billion people in the world god helped u?
MuniE
Im just curious are you from the southern united states?, and trust me violence is not caused by the LACK of religion lol, religion is the cause of every major conflict. If we had to read religous stuff in schoo, it would cause violence, muslims would get made and I would get mad that people believe the stuff

NO, you are wrong.
When our parents were younger religion played a big part in our schools.
Back then there was respect for the teacher, officers of the law and the rulers of the land.
Today children have no respect for everyone. They are given many rights, but little responsibility. We as a society have gone mad, anything goes.
Revelation has warned agaist this, I am glad I know of it so I will not be shaken by this storm of lies and deceipt.
Reply 111
TheReligion
NO, you are wrong.
When our parents were younger religion played a big part in our schools.
Back then there was respect for the teacher, officers of the law and the rulers of the land.
Today children have no respect for everyone. They are given many rights, but little responsibility. We as a society have gone mad, anything goes.
Revelation has warned agaist this, I am glad I know of it so I will not be shaken by this storm of lies and deceipt.

I am not religious but I am respectful and polite. I blame rap music for the degrading scoiety, and the funny thing is most of them are religous.
I dont believe that religion should be taught in schools (unless it;s a chatholic or whatever one) unless EVERY religion is taught. School is for education, not for spiritualising, thats what church is for.
MuniE
God never helped my grandpa when he died on cancer, isn't helping my brothers best friend who is dying of cancer, didn't help the little girl who was in my KINDERGARDEN class and died of cancer, what makes you think that of all the billion people in the world god helped u?

God knows us all individually. You may say there are loads of us, but nothing is impossible for God.
God has his reasons for what he does.
Don't take this the wrong way, but the death of a loved one may be just what a family needs to become united or even turn to god.
Human beings think that they can just turn to God whenever they have problems, when in euphoria do they thank god?
After the attrocities of 9/11, my church had many more people, many of the unfamiliar faces were locals. I was happy that they came to sek refuge in God. But once everything subsided and people went back to their lives God again was cast aside. Let me tell you this, God owes you nothing, you owe him everything. You think you had it bad knowing people who have been hurt by other human beings?
Well how do you think god felt when they crucified his son, Jesus Christ?
Reply 114
TheReligion
God knows us all individually. You may say there are loads of us, but nothing is impossible for God.
God has his reasons for what he does.
Don't take this the wrong way, but the death of a loved one may be just what a family needs to become united or even turn to god.
Human beings think that they can just turn to God whenever they have problems, when in euphoria do they thank god?
After the attrocities of 9/11, my church had many more people, many of the unfamiliar faces were locals. I was happy that they came to sek refuge in God. But once everything subsided and people went back to their lives God again was cast aside. Let me tell you this, God owes you nothing, you owe him everything. You think you had it bad knowing people who have been hurt by other human beings?
Well how do you think god felt when they crucified his son, Jesus Christ?

If anything those things made me turn away from religion. Jesus Christ was not the son of god but just a human being like the rest of us.
Everdawn
I dont believe that religion should be taught in schools (unless it;s a chatholic or whatever one) unless EVERY religion is taught. School is for education, not for spiritualising, thats what church is for.

Thats where the problem lies.
Whether or not the children believed, it gave them some form of morality and helped them realise what was right and wrong. It evident parents aren't doing the best job, and now that god has been excluded from the equation what hope does their child hold.
Oh yeh, apparantly it was discovered that children from religious homes do better that those from non-religious homes. source BBC
MuniE
If anything those things made me turn away from religion. Jesus Christ was not the son of god but just a human being like the rest of us.

And who told you that?
Reply 117
TheReligion
And who told you that?

who told you differently?
Yes, thats why children go to church. Anyway, christian belief is that homosexuality is wrong, that impeeches the civil right to be free as a human being. Children's parents DONT have to tell their children whats right and wrong, thats their choice. The law tells us what is right and wrong.
MuniE
who told you differently?

The most difficult concept in christianity to grasp is that of the trinity.
But what the bible says is that Jesus christ was indeed the son of God and he was sent down as our saviour. If he was an ordinary human being we would not worship him, and he would not have rose from the dead.

Latest

Trending

Trending