Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Yes, thats why children go to church. Anyway, christian belief is that homosexuality is wrong, that impeeches the civil right to be free as a human being. Children's parents DONT have to tell their children whats right and wrong, thats their choice. The law tells us what is right and wrong.
    Yes, I am not arguing that the message of religion is bad, the idea of not doing others wrong and living a good life is a great philosophy to follow but you don't need to believe in god to be a good person

ReputationRep:
    Yes, thats why children go to church. Anyway, christian belief is that homosexuality is wrong, that impeeches the civil right to be free as a human being. Children's parents DONT have to tell their children whats right and wrong, thats their choice. The law tells us what is right and wrong.
    yes, but because over time the officers of the law have become distant with religion, religious law has become that only for believers.

ReputationRep:
    thats true. Hence not needing religion to teach us that in school.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but because over time the officers of the law have become distant with religion, religious law has become that only for believers.
    i dont understand what your trying to say. BUt im off now.. se ya,

The religion: nice hussle..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Yes, I am not arguing that the message of religion is bad, the idea of not doing others wrong and living a good life is a great philosophy to follow but you don't need to believe in god to be a good person
    Certainly not. But sadly, being good and living a good life just isn't good enough. Before I became a christian I thought all I really have to do to get to heaven is be good but then you learn so much by going to church.
    Someone once said, they believed in god because it was dangerous not to, that if he did exist they would go to heaven but if it turns out he didn;t then they're safe.
    Well than in itself is a dangerous way to think as Jesus made clear that no one would get to the father, except through him.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand what your trying to say. BUt im off now.. se ya,

The religion: nice hussle..
    goodnight.
    I thoroughly enjoyed that discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReligion)
    Certainly not. But sadly, being good and living a good life just isn't good enough. Before I became a christian I thought all I really have to do to get to heaven is be good but then you learn so much by going to church.
    Someone once said, they believed in god because it was dangerous not to, that if he did exist they would go to heaven but if it turns out he didn;t then they're safe.
    Well than in itself is a dangerous way to think as Jesus made clear that no one would get to the father, except through him.
    This debate will only be decided when we die and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not. But sadly, being good and living a good life just isn't good enough.
    If that's not good enough then god must be a bit of an egoist *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    This debate will only be decided when we die and see what happens
    I could shake your hand and agree but I can;t do that.

I have a solid foundation, that of God whereas yours is that of the world. If you ask me, the odds favour christianity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    lol its so true, why else would he create humans, we serve him no purpose, if he exists we are probably just his toys that he f*cks around with

ReputationRep:
    Blasphemy, dangerous. I cannot discipline you but if God chooses to act don't blame me. Many have fallen after blaspheming.
    Superman famously said he was greater than God, then what happened next he became paralysed. and erm, touching wood won't help. Just say you are sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lol its so true, why else would he create humans, we serve him no purpose, if he exists we are probably just his toys that he f*cks around with
    Wel, I can't say I haven't tried.
    May god forgive.

ReputationRep:
    Blasphemy, dangerous. I cannot discipline you but if God chooses to act don't blame me. Many have fallen after blaspheming.
    Superman famously said he was greater than God, then what happened next he became paralysed. and erm, touching wood won't help. Just say you are sorry.
    lol i have sworn at god soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo may times, I have said strike me down now and prove you exist, I have tried everything, im just fine

ReputationRep:
    I had my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

I doubt Christopher Reeve said he was greater than god. It was he who got paralysed, not Superman.

But seriously, you go through life not bothering about god's existence, you're a good friend and you try never to let your friends down, you're mostly honest, you may even save a life or two, but you'll still go to hell because you didn't really mind about god? So unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lol i have sworn at good soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo may times, I have said strike me down now and prove you exist, I have tried everything, im just fine
    Don't toy with God.
    What haooens, you shout at him, he strikes you with something and you tell the daily mail look what god did to me.
    Honestly, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy for something tragic to happen to anyone. Just leave out the blasphemy, howver people often do it to test God indicating to me that you know there is a god but you are just a very brave soul.

ReputationRep:
    I had my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

I doubt Christopher Reeve said he was greater than god. It was he who got paralysed, not Superman.

But seriously, you go through life not bothering about god's existence, you're a good friend and you try never to let your friends down, you're mostly honest, you may even save a life or two, but you'll still go to hell because you didn't really mind about god? So unfair.
    No its fair. God did his bit for you, the least you could do was show some respect and adoration.

ReputationRep:
    Don't toy with God.
    What haooens, you shout at him, he strikes you with something and you tell the daily mail look what god did to me.
    Honestly, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy for something tragic to happen to anyone. Just leave out the blasphemy, howver people often do it to test God indicating to me that you know there is a god but you are just a very brave soul.
    I am not brave I am just sticking with what I believe, and that is that there is no god. If god wanted to get back at me for blasphemy he could have at many different occasions. He wcould have stroked me down the minute i piss him off, he could make my plane stall when i am flying solo, he could do anything. But since i don't think he exists i don't worry, it seems to me that your religion has made you a scared person

ReputationRep:
    No its fair. God did his bit for you, the least you could do was show some respect and adoration.
    That's assuming he exists. We don't know that, there's no proof. We can only believe either way, or not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I am not brave I am just sticking with what I believe, and that is that there is no god. If god wanted to get back at me for blasphemy he could have at many different occasions. He wcould have stroked me down the minute i piss him off, he could make my plane stall when i am flying solo, he could do anything. But since i don't think he exists i don't worry, it seems to me that your religion has made you a scared person
    No, I fear god there is a difference.
    Thank God because he is very patient and understanding.

ReputationRep:
    That's assuming he exists. We don't know that, there's no proof. We can only believe either way, or not at all.
    I have my own proof, it may not serve as proof for others but its more than enough for me.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.