This discussion is closed.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheReligion)
I have my own proof, it may not serve as proof for others but its more than enough for me.
Then keep it to yourself and acknowledge that we have our own views, don't talk to us like we're automatically wrong.
TheReligion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Then keep it to yourself and acknowledge that we have our own views, don't talk to us like we're automatically wrong.
But it's just the vibes I'm getting. It's like you know somewhere that there is a God, but you are experimenting with the idea.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But it's just the vibes I'm getting. It's like you know somewhere that there is a God, but you are experimenting with the idea.
Personally I don't care. Maybe he's here, maybe not, so what?
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can tell you right here and now that I do not think there is a god, if there was then he is an sob who doesn't help anyone except himself.
TheReligion
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
I can tell you right here and now that I do not think there is a god, if there was then he is an sob who doesn't help anyone except himself.
Thats rubbish and you know it.
Well it was lovely and I relish the thought of having another debate.
I shall be back with that information either tomorrow or sometime in the week.
cheerio
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
dunno if this is true, but I heard that the title 'Son of God' was not isolated to Jesus at the time, but to all those children as a result of women impregnated in the places of worship by 'holy' men, as it was tradition at the time for women to repent for sins by spending long periods of time in worship at the 'churches'.

In response to the question though - I reckon the evidence points in the direction of Jesus' existence. With reference to the miracles though, the non-reproducibility of them makes such events doubtful, although of course not completely deniable.
Phil_C
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Someone once said, they believed in god because it was dangerous not to, that if he did exist they would go to heaven but if it turns out he didn;t then they're safe.
This is just a version of Pascals wager. Whether to live your life, as if there is a god or not.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by godthebuilder)
what do u think about the bible
it is a load of **** ****
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Just out of interest, how can you "know" anything. Let's rephrase the post for you.

But it's just the vibes I may or may not be getting. It's like you think somewhere that there might be a God, but you are experimenting with the idea.
There. Much better.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
exactly. Well i guess it just goes to show, it is up to the individual.
{S}Scourge{S}
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
but but but! they had a model and they did their own earthquake, then they tried it on this farmer's land and it worked!

You know, I admire people with faith, until they start to preach to me. But you know, i could never trust fully in something that I have no proof of for myself. I am a very "believe it when i see it" kinds person.

i was like that until this mornin, i had to go to church coz i was stayin ata m8s house, but i actually "met" god, not as in he walked up and sed hello, but i sorta knew he was there, also id like to apologize for my past slurs on jesus and the bible
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by {S}Scourge{S})
i was like that until this mornin, i had to go to church coz i was stayin ata m8s house, but i actually "met" god, not as in he walked up and sed hello, but i sorta knew he was there, also id like to apologize for my past slurs on jesus and the bible
hahaha because you went to church once you are now a reborn christian, and people ask me why I don't like religious people
dra
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
hahaha because you went to church once you are now a reborn christian, and people ask me why I don't like religious people
that isnt very fair anyone could of had a religous experiance so you shoudnt mock them becasue of their views or how they feel !!
dra
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
that isnt very fair anyone could of had a religous experiance so you shoudnt mock them becasue of their views or how they feel its up to the individual as to what they belive or not. so if someone says they belive in god accpet it as that and dont question their way of life cause they dont question yours
dra
Report 16 years ago
opps sorry guys didnt mean to post the same thing twice
Phil_C
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rIcHrD)
In response to the question though - I reckon the evidence points in the direction of Jesus' existence. With reference to the miracles though, the non-reproducibility of them makes such events doubtful, although of course not completely deniable.
Surely the non-reproducibility is what makes it a miracle rahter than just a science experiment!

Jesus did exist, the census and roman scrolls show this, including his crucifiction, the question you need to answer personally is Mad, Bad or God. No other variation is posible.
Samara
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
All of you guys that said Jesus is not real is soooooo stupid
I dont care if u ain't got a religon coz u r jus lost
If Jesus was not real tell me why is Jesus in the bible, torah and the Quran? explain how 3 major world religons can all believe in 1 man ?Jesus was not a fictional character and was very real. The cospel/bibel was changed so many times which is why it contains so truth and some false because Jesus IS not the son of god because if Jesus was the son of god y would he worship god? the bibel/gospel was first reveled 2 Jesus in a language called siryak which is spoken in some part of Iraq today then it was changed to hebrew then latin then finally English and u all no that when u translate from 1 language 2 another some of the meanings is lost thru translation and meanings can even get changed.DO UR RESEARCH BEFORE U GO SINING AND SAYIN JESUS AIN'T REAL
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Phil_C)
Surely the non-reproducibility is what makes it a miracle rahter than just a science experiment!
Sure, and the non-reproducibility is also the source of the highest level of doubt. Probabilistically, exaggeration, misinterpretation and darn-right lying are more likely explanations than a miracle. Hence non-reproducibility in general reduces the credibility of the story, rather than increasing it.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Samara)
All of you guys that said Jesus is not real is soooooo stupid
I dont care if u ain't got a religon coz u r jus lost
If Jesus was not real tell me why is Jesus in the bible, torah and the Quran? explain how 3 major world religons can all believe in 1 man ?Jesus was not a fictional character and was very real. The cospel/bibel was changed so many times which is why it contains so truth and some false because Jesus IS not the son of god because if Jesus was the son of god y would he worship god? the bibel/gospel was first reveled 2 Jesus in a language called siryak which is spoken in some part of Iraq today then it was changed to hebrew then latin then finally English and u all no that when u translate from 1 language 2 another some of the meanings is lost thru translation and meanings can even get changed.DO UR RESEARCH BEFORE U GO SINING AND SAYIN JESUS AIN'T REAL
Ok before i "sin on an say jesus ain't real" i'll do some research into the very reliable and accurate historical records on jesus and religion. But because I am just a lost atheist who is obviously stupid and not worthy of god i will just sit and laugh at you for being an arrogant f*ck who thinks i am lost. and by saying that jesus was not the son of god are you not agreeing with us that he was a con man? or are you muslim and think he was a messenger?
Phil_C
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
...because I am just an atheist who is obviously stupid and not worthy of god...
Though you don't believe in the existence of God, it doesn't make you "stupid or worthy of God" , both sentiments that surprise me, to be an atheist, you must be certain of the non-existence of a higher 'being' and to be so sure then stupidity can't be leveled at you.

However a question (or three) that hopefully will provoke a response from all reading this thread, both Christian, atheist and any other religeus beliefs

What's the purpose of life? Why are we here on this planet? Are we really just an insignificant speck of cosmic dust, created by coincidental chance?
What worth is their in your life?
Why carry on? ...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (94)
26.86%
No (256)
73.14%

Watched Threads