Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Online friend has her photos on google. Is she fake? Watch

I was on skout to make new friends and perhaps a relationship.

Started talking to this girl, we got on very well and she seemed into me. Her English isn't too great but I didn't mind. After 2 days of talking( I know I know) we decided to meet up because we lived fairly close...however she didn't turn up.

She made an apology and said she was late coming home from work due to a spot check at her nursing home which was a surprise spot check.

I got a bit suspicious but nonetheless agreed to see her tomorrow. However just minutes ago, I decided to see if her photos were real or not. I uploaded one of her photos onto a site called tineye and all her photos on her skout profile were on google images plus another website.

Really annoyed but should have seen it coming, as if a girl would be that interesting to meet up with me.

However before we met up, we spoke on Skype(without cam) and her English wasn't too good too. I was convinced she was real...I don't know what to think, I don't I'll meet up 2moro.
    She hasn't replied to my message I sent 10mins ago and she normally replies quick.

She's fake right?
    The girl in the pink top: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=em...iw=320&bih=444

She gave me her sister Facebook because she uses her sisters Facebook. She only had 2 friends, including me.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like something right out of Catfish.

ReputationRep:
    About 99.9 recurring % sure she's fake, sorry. Her pictures are on Google and she backed out of a meet up.

Do you do this?
    1) right click on the picture
    2) select "copy image location"
    3) paste into Google
    4) should say "cannot find the document, search by image?" And click the hyperlink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was on skout to make new friends and perhaps a relationship.

Started talking to this girl, we got on very well and she seemed into me. Her English isn't too great but I didn't mind. After 2 days of talking( I know I know) we decided to meet up because we lived fairly close...however she didn't turn up.

She made an apology and said she was late coming home from work due to a spot check at her nursing home which was a surprise spot check.

I got a bit suspicious but nonetheless agreed to see her tomorrow. However just minutes ago, I decided to see if her photos were real or not. I uploaded one of her photos onto a site called tineye and all her photos on her skout profile were on google images plus another website.

Really annoyed but should have seen it coming, as if a girl would be that interesting to meet up with me.

However before we met up, we spoke on Skype(without cam) and her English wasn't too good too. I was convinced she was real...I don't know what to think, I don't I'll meet up 2moro.
    She hasn't replied to my message I sent 10mins ago and she normally replies quick.

She's fake right?
    The girl in the pink top: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=em...iw=320&bih=444
    It's defo fake, the image links to some next website not her social networking. Run before a man catches you

ReputationRep:
    Try searching here - http://www.tineye.com/

(Original post by AstroMan)
    About 99.9 recurring % sure she's fake, sorry. Her pictures are on Google and she backed out of a meet up.

Do you do this?
    1) right click on the picture
    2) select "copy image location"
    3) paste into Google
    4) should say "cannot find the document, search by image?" And click the hyperlink

No I just uploaded her pic onto a website which scans for the pics to see if it's been uploaded anywhere online.
    Damn.

(Original post by Al-Mudaari)
    Try searching here - http://www.tineye.com/
    I already did if you read the OP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I already did if you read the OP...
    Oh ok, yeah, she's fake. Unless she does hair style modelling or whatever that site was.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    100% Fake.

(Original post by Al-Mudaari)
    Oh ok, yeah, she's fake. Unless she does hair style modelling or whatever that site was.
    Very much doubt that as she hasn't said nothing about modelling lol

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem once and actually ended up meeting a real girl who'd had her pictures scattered online everywhere

true story

but yeah you'll probably get taken into a van and harvested for your organs if you meet her.

(Original post by JordanR)
    I had this problem once and actually ended up meeting a real girl who'd had her pictures scattered online everywhere

true story

but yeah you'll probably get taken into a van and harvested for your organs if you meet her.
    :sigh:

I always speak to the fake profiles!
    I'm too naive
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Fake, move on mate. Sucks.

Btw, you can also use Google for reverse image searches (go on Google Images and click on the camera icon in the search bar).

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fake to me!

Yeah did more research and she is definitely fake. Removed her as a friend on fb and skout, reported her but nothing will probably be done.!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.