Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't own any sandals and need some fairly soon.

However, I'm having problems with either; heel size being too big (I definitely don't want more than 4 inches; ideally 3) or too expensive (cannot afford to pay over £30). Comfort is also important, so no thin heels.

So these fall in the first category, while these fall in the latter.

So any suggestions would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyMe!)

However, I'm having problems with either; heel size being too big (I definitely don't want more than 4 inches; ideally 3) or too expensive (cannot afford to pay over £30). Comfort is also important, so no thin heels.

From a guy's perspective, I'd rather my girlfriend wore the first ones. They look pretty hot :P Also, the second ones are out of your £30 budget! Good taste though

ReputationRep:
    These are really nice and attractive
    These give really attractive look to the wearer lady

ReputationRep:
    I'm too clumsy to ever be able to wear heels unfortunately, but I do like the first ones they're also not too expensive. Why don't you go into New Look and try them on if you can to see if they'll be too high?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like the first ones best and they're price makes them even nicer

I think you do need to go and try them on. They have a bit of a platform on the toes so they might not be as high as you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyMe!)

First ones are soooooo cute.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok, I've ordered the first ones, although they do seem a little too high heeled! (I haven't been able to find them in my local New Look store though)

ReputationRep:
    New Look shoes fall apart so quickly, even though they look good in the pic in the long run you'll ending spending just as much as the topshop ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nespix)
    New Look shoes fall apart so quickly, even though they look good in the pic in the long run you'll ending spending just as much as the topshop ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's interesting, the shoes I've gotten from there have pasted quite a while (not wearing them all day every day though)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    That's interesting, the shoes I've gotten from there have pasted quite a while (not wearing them all day every day though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I bought some suede heels from there, wore them once and the suede was getting marks on it etc, after a few months of wearing them (not all the time) but they practically fell apart. Bought some heels from deichmann though and they lasted for ages!

ReputationRep:
    I bought some suede heels from there, wore them once and the suede was getting marks on it etc, after a few months of wearing them (not all the time) but they practically fell apart.
    I've had a bit of a hit-and-miss experience with New Look quality, but I do think it can be a good way to test out trends and styles that you're not so comfortable with, and then if I find myself wearing them all the time I might invest in more expensive ones. If they fall apart too quickly I'd take them straight back though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I received them today - they stand at 4 inches! Eeek!

Given that I want to wear them on a daily basis (and I walk a lot), I'm not sure how appropriate they are. Gel cushions at the ready!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jm925)
    I've had a bit of a hit-and-miss experience with New Look quality, but I do think it can be a good way to test out trends and styles that you're not so comfortable with, and then if I find myself wearing them all the time I might invest in more expensive ones. If they fall apart too quickly I'd take them straight back though.
    I guess...although I prefer to buy expensive staple items which work like an investment, clothes, shoes and such from New Look - even if they're considerably cheaper than mosy places, the cost adds up over time and 'testing the water fashion-wise' can become expensive.
    I tried returning some shoes that were falling apart once and they wouldn't let me sadface

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tried returning some shoes that were falling apart once and they wouldn't let me sadface
    This happened to me in Topshop once so I sent my brother in (five years older with a very deep voice and a lot of sass) and he managed to sort it, kind of satisfying and kind of annoying that they'd turned me down in the first place haha

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.