Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hallo Forum,

wie gehts? I am doing my Unit 4 German exam in 3/4 weeks time and I need some help with my translation. Please could you have a quick glance over it and let me know if its correct

PS. I did not use any dictionaries (cant use them in exams)

Many people think that scientist have too much power. Medical research is nesccesary, but nobody knows exactly what the risks are. Stem cell research, for example, seems to be successful. Howver, it could be linked to human cloning. Most people think this is not ethically justifiable.

Viele Leute denken dass Forchers haben zu viel macht. Medizinische forschung ist notwendig, aber niemand weisst genau was die Risikon sind. Stemmzellenforchung, sieht erfolgreich aus. Jedoch, es konnter zur Klonen von Menchen verbunden sein. Die meisten Leute denken dass es ist nicht ethisch vertretbar ist.

ReputationRep:
    Good job on the vocab, especially considering you didn't have a dictionary You do need to watch your grammar though, as there are several basic errors.

Some things I noticed :

- verbs go at the end following dass : viele Leute denken dass, Wissenschaftler zu viel Macht haben / die Leute denken, dass es nicht ethisch vertretbar ist.
    - conjugations : niemand weiß
    - verbs should be in the second position : jedoch könnte
    - plurals : die Risiken

My German's not brilliant either but I'd suggest something like :

Viele Leute meinen, dass Wissenschaftler zu viel Macht haben. Medizinforschung ist notwendig, aber niemand weiß genau, was die Risiken sind. Zum Beispiel scheint Stammzellenforschung erfolgreich zu sein. Allerdings könnte sie mit dem Klonen von Menschen verbunden. Die meisten Leute glauben, dass dies nicht ethisch vertretbar ist.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.