Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've never had a best friend, and I don't at this moment and its finally starting to fit me properly. I'm finishing year 12 at the moment.

I do have friends, there are about 10 of us in the group, and ever since year 7/8 I never get invited anywhere with them really, and I feel so left out. They each have their best friends and they are always together but I've never had that.

I can't trust any of them either, we're not a trustworthy group of friends and there is constant *****ing.

Im praying I find somebody at UNI who I can trust with everything and be really close to and have so much in common with and can tell my problems to and have their back etc.. I feel so lonely.

Ive got my boyfriend, but every girl needs a best friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've never had a best friend, and I don't at this moment and its finally starting to fit me properly. I'm finishing year 12 at the moment.

I do have friends, there are about 10 of us in the group, and ever since year 7/8 I never get invited anywhere with them really, and I feel so left out. They each have their best friends and they are always together but I've never had that.

I can't trust any of them either, we're not a trustworthy group of friends and there is constant *****ing.

Im praying I find somebody at UNI who I can trust with everything and be really close to and have so much in common with and can tell my problems to and have their back etc.. I feel so lonely.

I understand. My old group of friends were similar so I understand how you feel. Ironically, my best friend wasn't a school friend - but my girlfriend. And a penpal who texted me alot. You're best friend may be amongst your current friends- without realising it....

I'm presuming you stayed at the same place to go to sixth form - it may be a case of changing groups to other people, or waiting it out to University.

Sorry if that doesn't seem like any advice.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your best friend :love: :BFF4life:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll get to meet someone who starts off as just a friend and sooner or later, you find yourself confiding in them and them being that best friend you've always wanted. You can't force it to happen, it just will. I never liked the label but I do know I have 3 friends I can consider my "best" friends as I confide in them about everything. Nothing is wrong with your bf being your best friend at the moment. I think it is sweet

ReputationRep:
    sorry but people in general are not trustworthy, I only trust one of my friends completely.

ReputationRep:
    awww "hugs" never really had a friend that was a best friend but you could say that my twin sister is my best friend.
    learn to love yourself and be your own best friend, i guess we all someone we can trust and share intimate details with, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt. distance yourself from people who are not worth your time. dont be the rebound friend and trust me as far as your ready to put yourself out there and meet new people, you bound to meet some people with similar interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

do you like anime, cartoons (like family guy, futurama etc), playing video games, drawing or programming? i can fill in the best friend vacancy if its still open :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.