Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Be afraid of a gentleman when he is hungry, and of a mean person when his stomach is full.

- Be generous but not extravagant, be frugal but not miserly.

- The best kind of wealth is to give up inordinate desires.

- Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

- Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

- Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and then lost them (through his deeds).

all quotes are by Hazrat Ali "the lion of ALLAH"

ReputationRep:
    Half a shirt is better than a vest.

ReputationRep:
    Any hole is a goal.

ReputationRep:
    "I do not like them, Sam-I-Am. I do not like green eggs and ham."

"Give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdullah hayyan)
    Be afraid of a gentleman when he is hungry, and of a mean person when his stomach is full.

- Be generous but not extravagant, be frugal but not miserly.

- The best kind of wealth is to give up inordinate desires.

- Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

- Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

- Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and then lost them (through his deeds).

all quotes are by Hazrat Ali "the lion of ALLAH"
    **** quotes.

ReputationRep:
    Do not fall into despair over wrong action, when the door of turning to Him in repentance is always open

ReputationRep:
    The best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.

ReputationRep:
    A greedy man will always find himself in the shackles of humility.

ReputationRep:
    I got a few normal quotes.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery and today is a gift."

"Don't look at the past with regret, or the future for false hope. The Present is what will define you!"

"Know Your Bounds, If They Are Not Known, What you Will be Bound to is Uncertainties, Relishing All That has Know Meaning, Results To Ignorance And Blindness, So When You Come of Age And Look Back At Your Life....It Look Like Mess Of Mishaps."

"There are three things you need to know to being the best. That is to Know More than the other, Work more than the other and expect less than the other!!"

"I trust no one, not even myself"

"Life is Simple, its that others make it complicated"

"People say that time goes really fast, that not really true. Its that you haven't made the most of it"

"I never take a photo because all the memories lies in my heart"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufto)
    "I do not like them, Sam-I-Am. I do not like green eggs and ham."

"Give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
    Set a man on fire, you kill him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicago)
    Set a man on fire, you kill him.
    That's kinda the point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufto)
    That's kinda the point...
    LOL loving that quote now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicago)
    LOL loving that quote now

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.