The Student Room Group

I hate Daniel Radcliffe

He's so pretentious. I'm watching him on the Graham Norton Show right now. He's just said about how he's getting grumpier now he's older. He's not even out of his 20s. The American actress on with him mentions some drama school called 'La Koch' or something's very phallic sounding and he piped up with "Oh yeh... Wow.... That's so impressive." Condescending failiure of a movie star. No one he's having to ride his Harry Potter fame as he goes from terrible stage production to terrible stage production. I haven't seen them. I just know they must be terrible because he's in them.

And I heard a while ago he was on drugs. Typical.

Scroll to see replies

I do love Graham Norton though.

Edit: I understand the neg for disliking Radcliffe... But for loving Norton. D:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Daniel Radcliffe awards since Harry Potter -
Broadway.com favorite breakthrough performance, favorite leading actor. (Equus)
Broadway.com favorite actor in a Broadway pair, favorite onstage pair. (How to succeed in business without really trying)
He has also been nominated for 10+ awards.

To say he has only been 2 Broadway performances since 2008 which have been reviewed, I would say he is doing exceptionally well...
Maybe you just don't understand his humour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
So people who are 29 are not allowed to comment on the fact that they are different from when they were 15... It's only like 15 years ago, that clearly doesn't qualify as "older"... (referring to "not even out of his twenties, but the same applies to someone who is 24 or whatever)

Personally I don't like him in things, I think he's pretty wooden and not really a very good actor, but I don't see him as someone to hate - He's seems more reasonable than a lot of celebrities
Reply 5
His acting is often looked down upon, but I think that is down to the fact that most of our experiences of his acting is when he was a child. You can see the development in quality towards the end of the HP films. As above, his latest things have also been critically acclaimed.

In terms of character, I find him likable. He's intelligent, humorous, slightly awkward (but that's in this case a charismatic feature).
Reply 6
When did Tom Riddle join TSR?
Reply 7
Original post by Jacob :)
He's so pretentious. I'm watching him on the Graham Norton Show right now. He's just said about how he's getting grumpier now he's older. He's not even out of his 20s. The American actress on with him mentions some drama school called 'La Koch' or something's very phallic sounding and he piped up with "Oh yeh... Wow.... That's so impressive." Condescending failiure of a movie star. No one he's having to ride his Harry Potter fame as he goes from terrible stage production to terrible stage production. I haven't seen them. I just know they must be terrible because he's in them.

I had some paracetamol today, so you hate me for being on drugs?
Reply 8
Isla Fisher is Australian not American...
I really like Daniel Radcliffe's acting, he has such a character that most actors don't really have..

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's got to break the Harry Potter typecast - so he is going to come across as unpleasant/adult/mature/outrageous as possible for the next few years until people disassociate him from HP.

That's the reason for these "I'm an alchy/druggy" etc. comments at interview.
Original post by Jacob :)

:lolwut: He didn't say he's grumpy now he's old, in which case I would be more inclined agree with your point. As you correctly quoted, he said he is grumpier now that he is older. I'm only 22 and I'd agree I'm much grumpier now than I was when I was say 16, I mean come on. Dealing with adult life does that to you. And it's not even as if he's the one who brought it up in the first place- Graham asked him "Are you grumpier now that you're older?" What's he supposed to say in reply in order to please you? "Don't be an idiot asking me stupid questions like that, I'm not even out my 20s"? "Oh no, my life is all sunshine and rainbows because I'm so young"?

As for Lecoq, he was pretty famous for his acting school and it's unusual teaching methods, such as, as Isla mentioned, clown and mime training. It didn't come across to me as if Daniel was being condescending but genuinely quite interested. I mean, I know of it because I'd previously heard Geoffrey Rush trained there, and I had a "Ooo, really?" moment when she brought it up, too :dontknow:

I'm not exactly a massive fan of Daniel Radcliffe, but it does seem as if your view of what he said on the show has been somewhat clouded by prejudgment, which I do think is unfair :p:
Daniel Radcliffe did Woman in black and A Young Doctor's Notebook for Sky which both pretty good, I think because of his upbringing he doesn't understand the social world. He is a lot better than some actors today at least.
he seems a bit of a tosser yeah
Reply 14
I quite like him, though I'm rather indifferent to his acting skills. It's probably because of this:

[video="youtube;xlG5KCwKGEE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlG5KCwKGEE[/video]
Reply 15
Original post by Vian
I quite like him, though I'm rather indifferent to his acting skills. It's probably because of this:

[video="youtube;xlG5KCwKGEE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlG5KCwKGEE[/video]

Lol, quite a funny video.

I didn't really like him in Harry Potter. But I haven't really enjoyed any performance by any actor when their role has been the generic wholesome hero who is obviously going to come out on top without breaking any morals.

Now that I think about it, Harry Potter was good at the time I read it but having read different things since then I've come to be of the opinion that there were virtually no interesting characters in the Harry Potter series at all. Ron is probably the dullest main character I've ever read as well.
Reply 16
He can sing the periodic table. He is a funny bsatard and a legend.
Reply 17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iME60JZInfw

This shows how much of a legend he is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ace Ten
generic wholesome hero who is obviously going to come out on top without breaking any morals. .

To be fair, he did torture Bellatrix once.
Reply 19
Original post by Jelephant
What's he supposed to say in reply in order to please you? "Don't be an idiot asking me stupid questions like that, I'm not even out my 20s"? "Oh no, my life is all sunshine and rainbows because I'm so young"?

:lol:

Quick Reply