ReputationRep:
    First of all, you have no idea how much it pains me to have to write this, especially considering I took I.T. for 2 years but how do you add a new line on here? I have tried everything and read the help page on the subject to no avail. If it matters, I am using Internet Explorer. Help would be appreciated as since I'm applying to a computer course, this is crushing my self-confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CptHooke)
    First of all, you have no idea how much it pains me to have to write this, especially considering I took I.T. for 2 years but how do you add a new line on here? I have tried everything and read the help page on the subject to no avail. If it matters, I am using Internet Explorer. Help would be appreciated as since I'm applying to a computer course, this is crushing my self-confidence
    Can you explain what you mean by a "new line"? If you mean a new entry in a forum's list of topics (called a new "thread"), that's what you've done in posting this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Can you explain what you mean by a "new line"? If you mean a new entry in a forum's list of topics (called a new "thread"), that's what you've done in posting this.
    Ha, no not a thread;
    This kinda thing,
    kinda like new paragraphs,
    btw, I had to copy someone's post to do this...

ReputationRep:
    The enter/return button?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, no not a thread;
    This kinda thing,
    kinda like new paragraphs,
    btw, I had to copy someone's post to do this...
    As thunder_chunky suggests, it's just the same as you would with any other program - use the enter/return key on your keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem to work on my laptop... Works fine on other sites, just troubles on TSR. I've seen other people have this trouble in the past but can't remember what they used for a solution.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem to work on my laptop... Works fine on other sites, just troubles on TSR. I've seen other people have this trouble in the past but can't remember what they used for a solution.
    Assuming that you're using Windows, do you have the same problem when using the 'virtual keyboard' program for inputs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup on Windows and just typed this with the on-screen keyboard, still no luck. :/

ReputationRep:
    Yup on Windows and just typed this with the on-screen keyboard, still no luck. :/
    Can you try using a different browser? I'd recommend Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/ch...wser/?hl=en-GB

ReputationRep:
    Can you try using a different browser? I'd recommend Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/ch...wser/?hl=en-GB
    Eh, I'll just live with it. Thanks for all your help though.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I'll just live with it. Thanks for all your help though.
    Chrome is worth switching to regardless :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Chrome is worth switching to regardless :yep:
    Ha, I've been asking people for years if they'd ever noticed a difference between Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc. Never had a straight answer. :P

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I've been asking people for years if they'd ever noticed a difference between Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc. Never had a straight answer. :P
    Here's a straight answer for you then - Chrome is very much faster and more reliable for me than any version of IE has ever been (and Firefox, though to a lesser extent), while also offering much greater opportunity for customisation.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a straight answer for you then - Chrome is very much faster and more reliable for me than any version of IE has ever been (and Firefox, though to a lesser extent), while also offering much greater opportunity for customisation.
    Cool, might try it. The only other answer I had before was someone used Safari because they had a Mac and used Firefox because they like the logo.

ReputationRep:
    Use Chrome, you will not regret it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Likewise. Highly recommend Chrome. Its a really fast, reliable and lightweight browser. Put that together with all the available extensions & plugins and its one of the best browsers out there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.