Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is in wrong section of the forums :L

Hey, i need some feedback on what i should do.

ok, so
    at the moment i am choosing these 4 subjects for A level:
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Maths
    Further Maths

My GCSE Grades are as follows:
    Achieved:
    Maths : a
    Predict:
    Further Maths : c - a (depends on effort i put in)
    Physics b or a
    Chemistry b or a
    Biology a or a*

So i should get all the grades to get into what i have chosen but...

im ok at maths seen as i got a (resitting to try and get a*) but im not amazing.

i feel like if i chose further maths i will be wasting a choice as i will not do as well as i could do choosing biology.

I want to go to university to study either Maths, Physics or Astro Physics. (would rather do Astro Physics.)

But yeah any feed back on how doing biology would effect me trying to do these courses at university.

...btw english is not my strong point, so sorry if there is bad spelling or incorrect punctuation. i should get a C though

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked out the subject requirements for the uni courses you are looking at doing? That's the best place to start. I'm about to sit my A2 biology exams and I honestly can say in my two years of A levels I've enjoyed biology the most. I'll be honest and say its no walk in the park by a long shot. Especially the coursework aspect but it is SO enjoyable, if I could revise it all day everyday I would! And the feeling you get when you get your head around a tricky biological principle/ process is great. Maybe I'm more inclined to think this way as I'm hopefully off to study biomed in September but even if you just do it as an AS I'd say go for it! But like I said if you check uni websites for their requirements and they don't want further maths why put yourself through double maths. I'm doing maths now and trust me you don't be doing both if you don't need to(ask any further math-er)! But its all down to the individual I guess. Good luck with your gcses and a levels.
    Also I suggest talking a look at the exam board you'll be doing if you choose bio, especially if you just take it for AS. Enjoyment and consequently success in bio depends a lot on the topics covered. I tend to be worse at plant biology inc ecology and that rubbish as I don't enjoy it AT ALL. but human biology is relevant to me so I love it.(i did edexcel snab and I'd say it was a 30/70 boring to interesting course content) So if you think the topics look mostly boring then you may not really end up fully interested so won't do as well as you could. I don't know this is just personal experience. Sorry for rambling. I'll go now.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiseOldOwl)
    Have you checked out the subject requirements for the uni courses you are looking at doing? That's the best place to start. I'm about to sit my A2 biology exams and I honestly can say in my two years of A levels I've enjoyed biology the most. I'll be honest and say its no walk in the park by a long shot. Especially the coursework aspect but it is SO enjoyable, if I could revise it all day everyday I would! And the feeling you get when you get your head around a tricky biological principle/ process is great. Maybe I'm more inclined to think this way as I'm hopefully off to study biomed in September but even if you just do it as an AS I'd say go for it! But like I said if you check uni websites for their requirements and they don't want further maths why put yourself through double maths. I'm doing maths now and trust me you don't be doing both if you don't need to(ask any further math-er)! But its all down to the individual I guess. Good luck with your gcses and a levels.
    Also I suggest talking a look at the exam board you'll be doing if you choose bio, especially if you just take it for AS. Enjoyment and consequently success in bio depends a lot on the topics covered. I tend to be worse at plant biology inc ecology and that rubbish as I don't enjoy it AT ALL. but human biology is relevant to me so I love it.(i did edexcel snab and I'd say it was a 30/70 boring to interesting course content) So if you think the topics look mostly boring then you may not really end up fully interested so won't do as well as you could. I don't know this is just personal experience. Sorry for rambling. I'll go now.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the help, all taken on board!
    gl with any of your future exams too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.