Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having difficulty with this question, which I'm trying to make an essay plan for. So I'm not talking about resistance e.g. Valkyrie, but Opposition like political (KPD and SPD), Young resistance (Swing Youth, Eidelweiss Pirates) and the church etc.

I need about three paragraphs and have made 3, but can't think of the other two.

I've done:

-Because support was rife
    -Because effectiveness and fear of the Gestapo
    -Because the police state left no room for opposition e.g. banned political parties, controlled education, killed any possible opposition like night of the long knives, banned Trade Unions, the oath etc.

What can I do for a 4th and 5th paragraph? Have I covered all points?

Thanks..

ReputationRep:
    because Hitler was a WW1 hero, had been awarded 2 crosses (can't remember what they call 'em) and the ladies loved him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    I'm having difficulty with this question, which I'm trying to make an essay plan for. So I'm not talking about resistance e.g. Valkyrie, but Opposition like political (KPD and SPD), Young resistance (Swing Youth, Eidelweiss Pirates) and the church etc.

I need about three paragraphs and have made 3, but can't think of the other two.

I've done:

-Because support was rife
    -Because effectiveness and fear of the Gestapo
    -Because the police state left no room for opposition e.g. banned political parties, controlled education, killed any possible opposition like night of the long knives, banned Trade Unions, the oath etc.

What can I do for a 4th and 5th paragraph? Have I covered all points?

Thanks..
    Are you by any chance doing HY4 WJEC? :P I've been studying the same thing earlier, the only thing I can think of is the fact that a lot of the opposition groups had a lack of security compared to the Nazis, the Gestapo were everywhere so they always failed due to that reason. The White Rose group is one example of lack of security.
    Then you have the fact that most people actually did support and admire Hitler, and only a small percentage opposed, even thr Social Democrats accepted that Nazi Germany was a fact of life and so they returned inwards towards home and family.
    You could also consider sheer bad luck, like the Bomb Plot..having placed the bomb just a few yards away from the right spot, and therefore failing in the assassination of Hitler.

Hope that helps? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysgytlaeth)
    Are you by any chance doing HY4 WJEC? :P I've been studying the same thing earlier, the only thing I can think of is the fact that a lot of the opposition groups had a lack of security compared to the Nazis, the Gestapo were everywhere so they always failed due to that reason. The White Rose group is one example of lack of security.
    Then you have the fact that most people actually did support and admire Hitler, and only a small percentage opposed, even thr Social Democrats accepted that Nazi Germany was a fact of life and so they returned inwards towards home and family.
    You could also consider sheer bad luck, like the Bomb Plot..having placed the bomb just a few yards away from the right spot, and therefore failing in the assassination of Hitler.

Hope that helps? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! Ohmygod I'm pming you right now

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.